Left handed shotgun idea

This is a discussion on Left handed shotgun idea within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Im looking at turning my Remington 870 tactical into a left handed tactical shot gun. This is what I currently have http://www.remington.com/products/fi...-tactical.aspx is it possible ...

Thread: Left handed shotgun idea

Left handed shotgun idea

Im looking at turning my Remington 870 tactical into a left handed tactical shot gun.

This is what I currently have http://www.remington.com/products/fi...-tactical.aspx

is it possible to take the receiver/ejection port and swap it with this Pump Action Shotguns - Model 870 Express - Remington Shotguns but at the same time keeping my barrel and stock?

just a thought, I have no issues with my shotty right now i just would like it to be left handed.

VIP Member
    You might want to re-think it. I have several 870s & I think it is an advantage to using the right-handed version. There are even a few competition shooter who are right-handed buying & using left-handed shotties.

You can check the chamber without rolling the gun over.
    You can load extrs rounds directly into the chamber, again without rolling the gun or reaching over/under.

Plus you can reverse the safety so it can be used lefty.

Forgot to add I'm left-handed as well.....
    Last edited by goawayfarm; December 19th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

hmm i never thought about it that way, i look into the safety reverse

I've shot long guns left handed since the beginning - all my weapons are "right handed". I don't have any bolt actions at this time. If I do end up getting one - I'd consider a left handed version. But for shotguns - right handed all the way. Easier to get, easier to reload, there's really no downside to a right handed shotgun....unless you get a fleck of carbon in your eye because you didn't wear eye protection. That can hurt.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I shoot long guns lefty, and the only modification of the controls on my SD/HD/duty 870P is a big-headed safety from Vang-comp. I did not have the safety's operation reversed, but that is a relatively simple and low-cost option.

The reason I elected not to have the safety reversed is because I want to be able to pick up any standard pump shotgun and operate it without having to mentally adjust anything. The household 870 is of normal configuration, because I am the only lefty in the house, and at work, the less-lethal "beanbag" shotguns are of standard configuration. As I am surrounded by "righty" shotguns, I leave my personal 870 in standard configuration.

As goawayfarm indicated, a lefty has greater access to the ejection port, which is an advantage when the weapon is empty, and one wishes to "combat load" through the ejection port.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links