Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them

This is a discussion on Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DooSPX Now I need to find ammo! Everyone is sold out! I bet you wouldn't buy a dog without coming home with ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    Now I need to find ammo! Everyone is sold out!
    I bet you wouldn't buy a dog without coming home with some food for it!

Get you some ammo stat!
    Yetiman and atctimmy like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I will get pics when I get it in my hands! They said it could take a min. of 15 days possibly more.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

psa pa-15 act 16.jpg

There! From the site! lol (click to make bigger)
    BurgerBoy and pittypat21 like this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    psa pa-15 act 16.jpg

There! From the site! lol (click to make bigger)
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooo......preeeetty
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    The lady said there were 30 thousand backordered!!!!
    Wow! I do like the message it sends to Washington though. I hope they are listening.

Check out CDNN's web site. It's getting crazy.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Congrats! My brother got me my first AR-15 as an early Christmas present. Can't wait to unleash some Christmas cheer at the range
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Moderator
    We are pretty much done here. No more guns, no more ammo.

One of the local guns shop owners called me last night to chat for awhile. He told me that previously, his record for sales was 17,000 bucks for one day.

He was closed this Monday. One Tuesday and Wensday he grossed 105,000 dollars.
    He lasted longer than everyone else on the AR's and the Ammo and sold a few thousand Magpul 30 rounders.

If anyone is looking to buy AR's,mags or ammo at this stage of the game, they are way behind the curve.
    atctimmy likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The bill is going to pass this time around, I am sure of it. Just ordered one of the few left AR's. A PSA 16'' PA-15 MOE ACT Package Carbine from Palmetto State Armory. it has...
    What makes you so sure the bill will pass this time?

Are you an NRA member? Have you contacted your Senators/Reps to let them know you oppose an AWB?

If not why not?

Good luck with your rifle. Let us know when you receive it.

Hopefully before the "bill passes" as you said.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post

What makes you so sure the bill will pass this time?

Are you an NRA member? Have you contacted your Senators/Reps to let them know you oppose an AWB?

If not why not?

Good luck with your rifle. Let us know when you receive it.

Hopefully before the "bill passes" as you said.
    Every Left winger I know is for this ban...

NRA- Yes, My father and grandfather are as well.

Yes, I have mailed my senators for my region.

I am looking forward to getting it.

I ordered 6 30rd Pmags from a location before they all sold out.

Just ordered 500rds of M855 green tips- last one they had... now the killer... a buck a round! 500 dollars! Oh well, I needed it.

I will post pictures once I have it in my hands!

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Later this morning, my wife and I are going to one of our local gun stores. I don't intend to purchase an evil assault rifle today, but I want to talk to them about getting one on order. My guess is that if we are unfortunate enough for a ban to take effect that it will be subject to ones purchased after that date. My plan is to see what they suggest and what they can get and go back next week (after pay day) and put down the necessary deposit to get one on order.

Good luck.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Good luck.
    Thank You. I did as I said I was going to and stopped in at the local store. They were a little bit busier than normal for a Sat morning, but I was still able to talk to several of the clerks and the owner. The first thing they did was try to sell me a Norinko SKS, though I passed because I want to do a little research this week rather than just buy the first thing I get my hands on. They said that they could order me anything that is out there but couldn't say if the manufacturer would have it or when it would come. They said that by ordering through them that I would still get the price that the manufacturer is selling at, which will have probably gone up due to demand, but won't get gouged like has been happening at some stores with on hand stock ($3K for an AR). They did recommend that I stay away from imports because it will be much easier for King O to stop those by EO but to shut down manufacturing would require a legislative act. They don't think that there is ultimately going to be any bans or other serious restrictions put in place, but it will take several months for things to settle down to any sort of normalcy again and things will get stirred up again very easily as talks of legislation occur. They gave me a list of manufacturers they would recommend and suggested I go with a molded mechanism over a stamped one for reliability and accuracy in whatever I choose. My plan is to go back this coming weekend and put down a deposit on something. When I will get it, who knows, but I should be ahead of the curve by having one in queue should we be unfortunate enough to have another ban put in effect.
    atctimmy likes this.

The bill is going to pass this time around, I am sure of it. Just ordered one of the few left AR's. A PSA 16'' PA-15 MOE ACT Package Carbine from Palmetto State Armory. it has...

16" barrel length
    5.56 Nato Chamber
    1 in 7" twist
    Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel
    Chrome lined barrel
    Forged upper and lower
    ALG ACT fire control group
    PSA carry handle rear sight

Now I need to find ammo! Everyone is sold out!
    Has yours shipped yet?

Congrats on the rifle, but I am not so sure that the new Bill will pass. They don't even have the votes in the democratic Senate, much less the House. Time will tell I suppose. I honestly think Feinstein is just throwing all the crap the can find at the wall to see what sticks.

She sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    not the OP, but we ordered the same rifle about a day apart. I got mine in yesterday.
    ar15.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links