Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them

This is a discussion on Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The bill is going to pass this time around, I am sure of it. Just ordered one of the few left AR's. A PSA 16'' ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them

Just bought a AR15 before we are no longer able to get them

The bill is going to pass this time around, I am sure of it. Just ordered one of the few left AR's. A PSA 16'' PA-15 MOE ACT Package Carbine from Palmetto State Armory. it has...

16" barrel length
    5.56 Nato Chamber
    1 in 7" twist
    Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel
    Chrome lined barrel
    Forged upper and lower
    ALG ACT fire control group
    PSA carry handle rear sight

Now I need to find ammo! Everyone is sold out!
    dV8r likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

2. Remove Ads

Congrats.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Thanks! Any idea for ammo? LOL
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I was just at my LGS today to pick up some 5.56. I only purchased 480 rounds but should have gotten 960. While I was there I watched 3 AR-15s being sold (NIB) and a couple of guys looking at used ARs. The panic is on.

I've heard .223 is a bit easier to find, don't know about your area, but I was lucky to get 5.56. It's tough to find in Mass. but I think there are fewer AR-15 owners in this state compared to other states---just a guess.
    atctimmy likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

very hard to find locally here in FL. I have sources looking in Every LGS with in 80 miles of me... LOL
    also, online sellers are mostly out.

Distinguished Member
    if you can't finf an LGS with some in stock, get in line for the backorders at someplace like cabelas, psa, etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Since I can make my own 223 cartridges,including the bullet tips I'm good to go,the reason there is a run on ammo I'm willing to bet that the 2nd amendment will let you own guns,but there is nothing about ammo restrictions in it,I can see ammo restrictions in the very near future,Nothing like owning an expensive club
    zacii and Hodad like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I hope this is all going to turn into just a few months of worrying on our part and nothing comes of it.

Good choice on your rifle.

I drug my feet 2 days to long on reloading components. Got powder and primer (double shipping and hazmat my 2 one stop shopping went out of stock on either) can't find any 55gr fmjbt anywhere, but those have been difficult for a while now.
    rigel42 likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    The bill is going to pass this time around, I am sure of it. Just ordered one of the few left AR's. A PSA 16'' PA-15 MOE ACT Package Carbine from Palmetto State Armory. it has...

16" barrel length
    5.56 Nato Chamber
    1 in 7" twist
    Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel
    Chrome lined barrel
    Forged upper and lower
    ALG ACT fire control group
    PSA carry handle rear sight

Now I need to find ammo! Everyone is sold out!
    I just did the same. My coworker went to 3 stores locally yesterday looking and all he found were empty racks.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I have a feeling that I am going to end up getting on a back order list somewhere too. It would be better to have something in queue before any ink dries on legislation, just in case.
    I hope this is all going to turn into just a few months of worrying on our part and nothing comes of it.
    Over the last day or so, I have been noticing the hard core rhetoric dying down and more reasoned responses from many legislators that are making me a bit more hopeful.
    atctimmy likes this.

Congrats on the purchase. I had been considering one for some time and went and did it on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Got a Colt M4with two 30 round PMAGs. Also a little more ammo. I had asked my wife for some more mags for Christmas, but after the recent events I decided I better get a few more! Ordered some from Brownells (their website said they had them in stock) and two days later got an email that they were backordered. When I called to ask about the order, I was told they expect it to be 45-60 days before they will have them to ship!!! The lady said there were 30 thousand backordered!!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    pittypat21 and OnePlink like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    When I went out 2 days ago I saw quite a few AKs and ARs still on the shelves at a few stores. Also saw plenty of 5.56/.223 at one place, too bad I didn't have more money!
    JDE101 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Senior Moderator
    Congrats on your rifle but it took 5 years to get the last AWB passed (started in 1989 and not passed until 1994) we've got time to save and think through our purchases
    srings likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I am with dukalmighty. It's the potential ammo restrictions that worry me.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links