How many AR manufacurrers do you soppose are prepped for re-tooling?

This is a discussion on How many AR manufacurrers do you soppose are prepped for re-tooling? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the event of a AWB , presuming the wording does not include barrels, hand guards, receiver actions...(let's not get into that subject), how may ...

Thread: How many AR manufacurrers do you soppose are prepped for re-tooling?

In the event of a AWB , presuming the wording does not include barrels, hand guards, receiver actions...(let's not get into that subject), how may AR platform manufactures are prepping or at the very least researching for alternatives to utilize the products on the market? For many of us, the 4473 serial number is a stripped lower. If a AWB grab happens I am out $100 in two stripped lowers. Everything else is just a collection of useless yet expensive parts.

Specifically I am referring to a new style lower that is more of a traditional rifle design that you could attach your standard AR upper to and effectively make it a bolt action, or god's help us, a single shot along the lines of a break action rifle/shotgun.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I doubt it. I have a Colt Match Target HBAR. It is ban-compliant and is the only AR I own that I can legally bring into NY. The lower receiver is the same as any other, and the ban being talked about is a repeat of the 1994 ban. So the "guts" of the gun would be the same, just with fewer cosmetic features on it.

Distinguished Member
    I think any retooling would include a reshaped magazine well (one with a keyway) and a new magazine style to match. That way only new 10 rounders (it would be illegal to produce/sell/possess anything larger) can be inserted and old style 20/30+ mags cannot. That way you can have the traditional function of the rifle, in 10 rounds (or less) only, and mag changes would be awfully slow due to the keyway.

In NY right now they are talking about a 7 round limit and no grandfathering. :/
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Links