Finished my AK

Finished my AK

This is a discussion on Finished my AK within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This wasn't so much a panic buy as it was a "I changed jobs during election time and my old job had to cut me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Finished my AK

Finished my AK

This wasn't so much a panic buy as it was a "I changed jobs during election time and my old job had to cut me a check for 6 weeks of vacation" buy. I honestly wasn't trying to mall ninja it out. I didn't put anything on that I didn't think would be useful as a all around end of the world type of gun. I didn't really NEED the foregip but I couldn't find a good way to set the light up that didn't require the fore grip to operate it comfortably. I tried to keep everything as light weight as possible. Last thing I need to add is a sling.

Before
    20121120_201112.jpg

After
    20121221_201006.jpg
    mano3 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Nice gun. Congrats!
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Glad you didn't try to much... good looking weapon... so how does it shoot????
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Glad you didn't try to much... good looking weapon... so how does it shoot????
    Honestly... It shoots like just about every other AK lol. It came with the G2 trigger so the pull is nice out of the box. I haven't had a chance to dial in the dot yet (will probably have to wait until next spring) but when I shot it open sites before the weather turned to crap it grouped around 3 inches at 50 yards with wolf ammo. That probably has more to do with my lack of skill as a rifleman then the gun itself.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Nice Rollo, really nice piece. That one ought to lay a few "Zombies" out on their butts.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition!

Looks like a nice rifle. AKs are awesome. ;-)

Saiga right? Love mine.

Looks great!
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Sweet!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I don't know that I like it, it's kind of scary. Must be an assault rifle. Would be a lot safer for you to own if it didn't have that flashlight on it...

Good lookin' gal there, nice job!
    brocktice likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Pft.. Whatever... It's the pistol grip that REALLY makes it a death dealing machine.. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I don't know that I like it, it's kind of scary. Must be an assault rifle. Would be a lot safer for you to own if it didn't have that flashlight on it...

Good lookin' gal there, nice job!
    brocktice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Saiga right? Love mine.
    Yep! I have no complaints either

VIP Member
    Uh-oh.
    Another "evil" black rifle!

I like it!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Nice Saiga. They are fun projects. Done a few myself.

Golden Tiger ammo out performs Wolf in my experience.

Have fun running your AK.

I turned an Amazon gift card into a new Hogue grip and a quad-rail fore-end for my little Hungarian AK variant (AMD-65 carbine). AK's remain a great value, accuracy is better than most give them credit for, and that Tapco G2 trigger is actually quite good. I like Brown Bear 123gr hp's in mine, and they're cheap.

Nice rifle, Rollo!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links