are AR 15's still available? - Page 2

are AR 15's still available?

This is a discussion on are AR 15's still available? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i did find some on Gunbroker,but they're selling for $2,000-$3000+ for Colts (6920) and Bushmasters.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: are AR 15's still available?

i did find some on Gunbroker,but they're selling for $2,000-$3000+ for Colts (6920) and Bushmasters..

Unfortunately if you don't have one you will get really hosed right now. Who knows what the future will bring.

I sure am glad that I got mine from PSA when I did. They were sold out the next day. Also glad I ordered mags she. I did as well as got lucky on some xm855 lake city 5.56... Not lucky on price though at a dollar a round.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

VIP Member
    They will ramp up the inventory. give it a few weeks. I think there will be a "window" to make your purchase. But once the window is closed you will not be able to get one. Same for mags.

my LGS ARs are all gone as of today and people kept coming in
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Spikes tactical zombie AR- 15
    Pricey but they are out there. Just one example for ya.

I happened over an LMT CQB MRP 16 with SOPMOD stock on Gunbroker. It sported an Eotech. (don't' remember which model)

Used..................$4,000 for the "Buy Now" button.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I called ~30 stores in the Portland metro area yesterday. One shop had one stripped reciever on consignment for $500. The only other shop that had any inventory had DPMS for $2000 and a LMT for $3000.

They seemed to be the only store that raised prices with or before the demand, so they still had some to sell. They got a little pissy and defensive when I commented on the increased price. I understand what is happening, it just pisses me off.
    Walk softly ...

Funny, a month ago an FFL owner wouldn't even look at my LWRCi M6A2 chambered in 6.8 SPC. One of two LWRC rifles that I own. "That's too expensive for my customer base" Which is what they all say when a high priced rifle walks into the store. I was even willing too take a steep discount and with the Aimpoint M3 and Aimpoint 3x magnifier. Believe it or not I wanted to trade it for a Kimber Tactical Entry .45 ACP 1911. Now I'm keepin my rifles.

Guess what he had today on his rifle rack ? A bunch of Del Ton stuff with $1800 price tags. Go figure. I guess his "customer base" just got a bit more sophisticated. Mmmm hmmm.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

I was in a gun shop just browsing before Christmas and overheard this conversation between a prospective buyer and the guy behind the counter at a store that refuses to price gouge:

Buyer - "I want an AR."

Salesman - "Good luck. We are on back order."

Buyer - "Where would I be on that list."

Salesman - "About 1,400 guns back ordered in front of you."

"Ok, put me on the list!"

Damn................................
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

In my area, all are completely sold out. This includes the large stores like Cabellas. More so, one cannot buy any 55 gr FMJ ammo, at least not around here. There simply isn't any available.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

My main local shop stopped advertising them in thier local flyer ad. I am fairly certain they are completely out. its a fairly big shop, too. They arent advertising AKs either. However, they have Chinese type 56 SKS's for 279.

Saw some at the gun show here yesterday, many under 2K.

Glad I snapped up an M&P15 right after Newton. Held off on one for 3 years.

yes AR-15s are available

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    with the possibility of bans coming on AR 15 platform rifles,i've not been able to find one anywhere.tried Gander Mountain,Dicks,local gun shops,online nothing found..are they still out there?
    If you are in search of an AR-15, you will want to look for the smaller gun manufacturers like devil dog arms. These types of guns builders are now building the guns as ordered and instead of being 6 months before you see your gun, they are shipping in 90 days to our local FFL. They quality compared to the S&W is head and shoulders above. We sell these guns for devil dog arms on our site but since I am trying to not break the rules of this forum I will not post a link to whyprep dot com here.

You can still buy one just need to be in right place right time. However you will before long be required to turn them in. See NY's new laws and the one they are getting ready to pass

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I've seen several of the high-end AR-15s available around here. Knight Armaments at around $4000. I have my AR-15...won it in a raffle. Ammo should arrive tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links