What's this scope worth?

What's this scope worth?

This is a discussion on What's this scope worth? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What is a Nikon Pro-Staff 3-9x50 scope worth that has been mounted on a rifle on display in a store for display, but not taken ...

Thread: What's this scope worth?

What's this scope worth?

What is a Nikon Pro-Staff 3-9x50 scope worth that has been mounted on a rifle on display in a store for display, but not taken afield?

New price from what I can find ranges from $199 - $212.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What's this scope worth?

That's a great question... I suppose the seller is saying it is brand new.. And it probably is but you don't know how much abuse it has taken just by being on display... I guess it would not hurt to ask for a 5 to 10% discount... I would start with a little higher discount then work your way to what you expect to get... I assume that it will be a hard sale though.

Edit: I was also thinking... If they don't budge on price then get them to give you a year or two of service and repair... After all if they want to sell it as new they should be able to back that up. That is usually worth more than 10%

Good luck!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Actually someone I know already has this, given to him as a gift, but he is wanting to trade it to me for something I have. I'm giving him $125 trade value for it. Sound good? If I want to turn around and sell it, what could I expect to get from it as considered used? $125 - $150 ?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What's this scope worth?

Ah totally different circumstances.. When you sale privately it is always with the disclaimer of "as is" which means the buyer takes a lot of risk. At $150 it is about 25% off. I would say that is a pretty good deal considering the scope almost new.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I just bought a Nikon scope brand new, but I watched several go off on ebay before I purchased one... The one you have with the 50mm objective lens will bring right at brand new price on ebay... I know it sounds crazy, but I guess folks just think ebay is gonna be the cheapest place and fail to search for better deals... Anyhow, along with selling on ebay comes ridiculous fees.. So, go figure... Anyhow, thats a very nice scope IMO and I'd be interested in buying it from you...

Allriflescopes.net sells them for $136.99 with free shipping.

Nikon ProStaff Rimfire Rimfire Scope 3-9X 40 BDC 150 Matte - Buy Rifle Scopes
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Allriflescopes.net sells them for $136.99 with free shipping.

Nikon ProStaff Rimfire Rimfire Scope 3-9X 40 BDC 150 Matte - Buy Rifle Scopes
    The above link is for a 3-9x40 and a rimfire scope. The one I'm talking about is a 3-9x50. This one: http://allriflescopes.net/rifle-scop...blk-nkplx.html
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

145.00 used retail. With a BDC, it might be a little more, say about 25.00 more
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Sponsored Links