Plum 5.45 Fun

Plum 5.45 Fun

This is a discussion on Plum 5.45 Fun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Always try to get some work done on my Saiga's over winter breaks. Grabbed a 5.45 earlier in the year (for $299) and slowly picked ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zero

Thread: Plum 5.45 Fun

Plum 5.45 Fun

Always try to get some work done on my Saiga's over winter breaks. Grabbed a 5.45 earlier in the year (for $299) and slowly picked up parts here and there. Still need to drill and pin the FSB after test run. Have a nice Russian sling for it too. Total was under $750 (cheaper than the SR1911).

Pleased with the Plum. It looks different than the 5.45 I did last winter.
    Mike1956 and atctimmy like this.

VIP Member
    Sweeeeet!!!
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Plum 5.45 Fun

how does the railed gas tube work for you? I thought about that but (mine at least) has a little play in it and gets pretty hot. wasn't sure if it would be a good platform for a RDS for those 2 reasons. can't beat it for co-witness though. I was able to finally get almost lower third CW with a side rail mount but it heard you can pretty close to zero with a railed gas tube. a lot less bulky up front as well.

love the plum.

Have less than 1K through the black one. Half with a different hand guard and half time with red dot off.

I do like the Ultimak/Primary Arms micro combo. Haven't noticed any issue with heat. It works well for how I use it.

Thanks for the plum compliments.

Links