Ar parts

This is a discussion on Ar parts within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So i just finished my lower build. I think i am royally screwed if i cant get upper parts. What do you think....we gonna be ...

Thread: Ar parts

Ar parts

So i just finished my lower build. I think i am royally screwed if i cant get upper parts. What do you think....we gonna be able to get parts now or after the ban?

-Jason

2. Remove Ads

I personally feel that since you have the lower bought and built that the uppers and other parts will be available,I'm thinking the 30 round +mags will be the first to be banned.If you don't have any mags then that will be a possible problem since they may be sickening high priced.Next they may try to limit the amount of 223,5.56,5.45x39,7.62x39,7.62x51,7.62x54 ammo you can purchase in a month.I would save your money and keep looking for Uppers to get back in stock and then snag one.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What ban? :)

Re: Ar parts

Luckily i got 2 pmags last Tuesday before hell broke loose. I know its only 2 but its better than none.

-Jason

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Brownell's is still accepting backorders on a number of parts. YHM stripped upper @ 94.99 for example. Pmags 10 for 125.00. Ck it out but be prepared to wait.

I had a Aero Precision upper delivered 12/24 that I ordered on 12/12 from Surplusammo. It's not even listed on their web site now.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Since the lowers are the "controlled" part via serial numbering, I think your chances of getting an upper are decent once the hysteria quiets down a bit and suppliers can refill the pipelines.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links