PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET - Page 2

PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET

This is a discussion on PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well at least you got your money back. I put a $25 deposit on a Sig AR that said 4-6 mos. backorder. I swear I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET

Well at least you got your money back. I put a $25 deposit on a Sig AR that said 4-6 mos. backorder. I swear I WAS NOT DRINKING A THE TIME.

Got a M&P Sport I paid $899.00 for that was shipped today. I got gouged for at least $60 but I am OK with it. On Gunbroker they are starting at about $1400.00. I have to keep telling myself to forget they sold for $600 this time last year.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    If your dealer placed the order, and it was accepted at its current price at that time, the distributer is obliged to honor that price, even if backordered. It was a contract made.
    tacman605 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Well, I'm a practical businessman as well as an avid shooter. Frankly, if you got ahead of the curve before it GOT HERE, now is a MUCH better time to...SELL!
    I'm currently dumping semi-worthless GSOs (Gun Shaped Objects) for w-i-d-e margins.
    Sorry for y'all's timing.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I hope that it returns to a more normal situation. One gun store that I use got in 100 AR's and sold almost all of them in one day (yesterday). That kind of volume is hard to catch up with.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Well, I'm a practical businessman as well as an avid shooter. Frankly, if you got ahead of the curve before it GOT HERE, now is a MUCH better time to...SELL!
    I'm currently dumping semi-worthless GSOs (Gun Shaped Objects) for w-i-d-e margins.
    Sorry for y'all's timing.
    I understand, but funds often dictate time of purchase. Nobody could foresee Sandy Hook coming. I saw the writing on the wall in 2008 and should have acted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If your dealer placed the order, and it was accepted at its current price at that time, the distributer is obliged to honor that price, even if backordered. It was a contract made.
    Well, not so much. Any retailer will tell you that, if the factory raises the price to the distributor, then the distributor raises the price to the dealer, who then......well you get the whole trickle down thing. For a few bucks, a price might be held. But when the price doubles or even triples, the story becomes, "Well we just can't get them at that price at all any more." and that's the end of it. I could yell and scream, but not much would be accomplished.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    When I worked retail, the price of what was ordered at the time was the price paid, even if suppier price was subsequently raised. It's a contract and binding. Future order prices are at the whim of the distributer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links