PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET

This is a discussion on PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two months ago, I could have bought an AR stripped receiver for about $75. Didn't get around to it. I saw the writing on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET

PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET

Two months ago, I could have bought an AR stripped receiver for about $75. Didn't get around to it. I saw the writing on the wall, however and ordered a Kel-Tec KSG from my favorite gun dealer and paid the money up front, knowing that he would get one eventually. He always has in the past and I was not in a hurry.

I had just finished my first build of an AR and it was kind of fun, so I thought I might do it again, with some changes and upgrades. Again, I put the idea on hold while I saved up some play-around cash.

The week of the Newtown tragedy was harsh. We all know what happened to the supply of various guns. I found a good price on a Del-Ton full AR kit, minus the receiver and ordered it online. Paid in full, but it is backordered. So is my KSG. The price I paid for both is NEVER going to be honored. (I am not blaming my dealer at all. He is at the mercy of the distributors)

I cannot find an AR receiver for anywhere under $300 now, and we all know that there were thousands in stock. Another thread is talking about price gouging. Yeah.

I doubt that I will see my KSG, at the price I paid. I have no leverage, because the dealer has none, of course. The distributors know they can command usurious prices, so they will simply not honor any back orders. They will claim that the manufacturers are incurring higher prices. Yeah.

I'm not bitter, because it's a capitalist business. I get the whole supply and demand thing. It just sucks to be caught in the switches. I have lots of other guns, ..........

Yeah.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: PAID FOR GUNS i'LL NEVER GET

Brownells took (and is taking?) back orders at normal prices. I have some on order, and one came into stock, still waiting on the second. Maybe try there. Aero Precision, $85 last I checked.

I saw the Aero Precision ones at Brownells, too. The question is...will they ever arrive? We'll see!
    Brademan

Most businesses won't take back orders any more...... the one's that have some, at least that I've seen, usually honor them. Good luck, hope it works out in your favor.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    I saw the Aero Precision ones at Brownells, too. The question is...will they ever arrive? We'll see!
    They have 1300+ on order, they told me. I'm sure life is crazy at Aero Precision right now.
    Brademan likes this.

I have a ton of Glock parts and a few high cap mags on backorder with Midway USA. I'm not sure why they they are backordered on triggers and exteded slide releases? They even backordered a new recoil spring for my Glock 23C.

Brademan likes this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

The first of my two stripped lowers shipped today. Kind of strange since I ordered them at the same time. Makes me wonder if they're filling multi-unit back orders round-robin.
    Brademan likes this.

I feel your pain, trust me. Ordered a Colt AR with a bunch of goodies back in November. They said it would take "about 2 months". Unfortunately, now i'm doubting i'll ever get to play with it. Sucks.

Just remember, as bad as this panic-attack-freak-out-gun-ammo-frenzy is....there's a lot of folks in Ct. who have it exponentially worse than we do. Our problem will pass. Theirs never will.

Seems like a good time to buy revolvers, lever guns, and sporting shotguns. I won't play the game and pay these insane prices.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Well, the other shoe has dropped. Just less than one month since the original post in this thread....and my good friend the dealer has tossed in the towel on the Kel-Tec KSG. He sent me an email saying that the new dealer price on these is over $900....which is irrelevant, since no one has any, nor will they likely get them. He offered me a refund or a good deal on other merchandise. He's a straight arrow, but I took the refund. No point in holding out hope.

I also heard from the distributor of the AR receiver I bought. Basically same story. I turned that money into another receiver (at just over twice the price, but it includes a stock, so it just about evens out). That one may turn out to be a save, of sorts.

Hey, everyone is in the same spot. I've held onto the deposit with Del-Ton, because they haven't outright told me that the price is increased......yet.

And so it goes!
    Brademan

Just wait.
    357and40 and Brademan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    I'm not sure why they they are backordered on triggers and exteded slide releases? They even backordered a new recoil spring for my Glock 23C.
    I talked with a gunsmith at local PD, when he called for some parts, he was told that a lot of the companies are focusing on the high demand parts, and not producing some of items that are in lesser demand until they have to shift a production line to manufacture those specific parts. Even if those fall on back-order, in today's world, they are filling the most orders the fastest possible way, which means keep producing the highest demand item and occasionally making the other items.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Just wait.
    Oh, I know. It's easy to be cynical, especially when I started out that way!
    Brademan

What we're dealing with is not just an issue of demand and price gouging, but end of the year inventory issues. Give it a month or two and things will be back to normal.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    Two months ago, I could have bought an AR stripped receiver for about $75. Didn't get around to it. I saw the writing on the wall, however and ordered a Kel-Tec KSG from my favorite gun dealer and paid the money up front, knowing that he would get one eventually. He always has in the past and I was not in a hurry.

I had just finished my first build of an AR and it was kind of fun, so I thought I might do it again, with some changes and upgrades. Again, I put the idea on hold while I saved up some play-around cash.

The week of the Newtown tragedy was harsh. We all know what happened to the supply of various guns. I found a good price on a Del-Ton full AR kit, minus the receiver and ordered it online. Paid in full, but it is backordered. So is my KSG. The price I paid for both is NEVER going to be honored. (I am not blaming my dealer at all. He is at the mercy of the distributors)

I cannot find an AR receiver for anywhere under $300 now, and we all know that there were thousands in stock. Another thread is talking about price gouging. Yeah.

I doubt that I will see my KSG, at the price I paid. I have no leverage, because the dealer has none, of course. The distributors know they can command usurious prices, so they will simply not honor any back orders. They will claim that the manufacturers are incurring higher prices. Yeah.

I'm not bitter, because it's a capitalist business. I get the whole supply and demand thing. It just sucks to be caught in the switches. I have lots of other guns, ..........

Yeah.
    pre-order lower stripped receiver, $150, custom engraved.
    Shadow Ops Weaponry. AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver SHDW-15 AR-15 lower for sale

I ordered two myself
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links