Lack of reasonably priced rifles? Work with what you've got... - Page 2

Lack of reasonably priced rifles? Work with what you've got...

This is a discussion on Lack of reasonably priced rifles? Work with what you've got... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I own no high capacity semi-automatic rifles, and don't intend to acquire any. Same goes for me. Though I'm issued one ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Lack of reasonably priced rifles? Work with what you've got...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I own no high capacity semi-automatic rifles, and don't intend to acquire any.
    Same goes for me. Though I'm issued one at work and know it intimately I have no use for one what so ever outside of work. If a situation were ever to arise I'm just as proficient with either my Marlin 336A, 1894SS, and 12GA Mossberg 500. On top of that I can use any of those three firearms to harvest game which is what they are intended for in the first place. Equipment alone will never be a decideing factor in an engagement, but the knowledge, training, and know how a person possesses generally will. I'm very fortunate and gratefull in not only having been to some good schools but also an instructor as well. When it comes to HD that training crosses over quite well.

Just invest in some ammo and range time and become more familiar with what you already have, and your set.
    Hopyard likes this.

$1900.00.
    Those used to be $75 complete with cosmoline

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Those used to be $75 complete with cosmoline
    Wow the price of cosmoline has inflated. Must be the oil company's fault.
    glockman10mm and HotGuns like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I own no high capacity semi-automatic rifles, and don't intend to acquire any.
    Me neither! I only only own normal capacity semi auto's.
    Sticks, OD* and jonconsiglio like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Sold my SKS/AK mag for $250 5 years ago. Just sold my PSL package (big package) last month for $1300 (now valued at $2500) to fund an optic for my Mk12. All that money went into reloading components ******.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting pics of the upgrades I made to my old AMD-65 I mentioned in my original post, but here it is -- I'm still waiting on an extended grip screw to add my replacement pistol grip, but this pic shows the new quad rail fore-end and reflex sight (red or green versions of 4 different reticles at 3 different intensities). Today was my first trip to the range to get the reflex sight adjusted and dialed in.

Apologies for the fuzzy iPhone pics, but it's all I had with me at the range today...

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Was looking for a battle rifle just as everything went nuts. I acquired a lightly-used Saiga .308 just before Christmas for an ungodly $800. I bought 2-25 round, 3 20-round and 2 10-round magazines for it for another $200. I also ordered all the parts to convert the trigger and stock to the classic AK configuration, another $200. Adding a decent bipod and recoil pad will run me another $100. Expensive, but I have a gun I wanted, while still legal to obtain. I consider myself fortunate.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links