I just got a price on two ARs: Ruger - $2300; Colt $3000

This is a discussion on I just got a price on two ARs: Ruger - $2300; Colt $3000 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I have a brand new 6920 ill sell for 2700 27000! What a deal!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I just got a price on two ARs: Ruger - $2300; Colt $3000

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have a brand new 6920 ill sell for 2700
    27000! What a deal!

2. Remove Ads

Problem is that in a few months when things settle down, prices will drop to *normal* prices again. There will be people that will want to unload thier AR's and will either be asking too much for them as they will not want to lose money on them, or will have to take a big loss on them, or just keep them. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    27000! What a deal!
    Does that come with a 30 round P mag or is that an additional $200
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I have a friend that has a DPMS, and was offered $3,000 for it........he declined to sell it.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    I have a friend that has a DPMS, and was offered $3,000 for it........he declined to sell it.
    Sounds like a bad move. Would have been sold in a split second to buy a better AR lol. Even RRA's are going for less.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Back in 1959, I had the chance to buy a Winchester Model 21 double barrel shotgun, new, for $125 (which was a LOT of money back then) and didn't, and have kicked myself in the butt since! I still have the Model 12 pump that I bought instead for $89.
    I still have a Mossberg 12g I got with 8.25 books of S&H Green Stamps

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    What something costs two weeks ago is irrelevant. What something costs today, that you want, is what matters.

Yes, it might come down when the "craze" dies down. What this trend does show is that the ones buying the guns do not trust the Government to leave them alone. They fully expect them to regulate them into obscurity.
    Yep, cost of stuff always goes up for many different reasons.

It can be a steady modest increase overtime, or normal inflation, or influenced by a sudden scare that something might become extinct, like with firearms. So manufacturers and their retailers take advantage of the consumers whom are willing to pay exorbitant prices for stuff.

Sometimes it doesn't mater what the cost of production is. If you have something they want bad enough. Someone will pay what-ever your price is IF they have the money.

How much does it really take to produce say........a pair of shoes, a shirt, or even a pair of designer jeans in China or India? Every year the big oil companies boast about their record braking profits over last year? Things are getting way out of proportion here folks!

Reminds me of a Hush Puppies commercial: we can make it cheaper....but we can't make it dumber

And yes....from the looks of this firearms buying pandemic.

I'd guess that 99.9999999999999% of the citizens of the United States of America, do not trust their Government to leave them alone, and DO expect them to regulate us into obscurity.......very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Inter9 View Post
    Sounds like a bad move. Would have been sold in a split second to buy a better AR lol. Even RRA's are going for less.
    not if he cant find another one at this point and AWB is passed, then he doesn't have one. If he had a couple, I would have sold one.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

The 'proposed' AWB... won't be passed overnight. Or passed at all in it's current form. Just my .02

Re: I just got a price on two ARs: Ruger - $2300; Colt $3000

The 'proposed' AWB... won't be passed overnight. Or passed at all in it's current form. Just my .02
    We hope

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Well I'd say the price is inflated, considering Rugers website has the MSRP at $1995. With that being the MSRP actual retail values is probably $1500.-1700.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    I think we can bet money the anti's will have everything but the 'kitchen sink' in the AWB. They know it doesn't have a chance of being passed that way, but it gives them a lot to bargain with.
    mulle46 and zacii like this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well in all fairness to the people buying, at least for some of them, this may be their only chance to get an AR. While I agree that people shouldn't generally panic buy for hoarding purposes, it would be somewhat short-sighted to assume that none of this legislation will make it into law.
    Yup, I'm thinking at this rate, I'll probably never own an AR.

Never been able to scrape the funds together, and if the restrictions pass, that's it for that...

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    ...Every year the big oil companies boast about their record braking profits over last year? Things are getting way out of proportion here folks!...
    ...I'd guess that 99.9999999999999% of the citizens of the United States of America, do not trust their Government to leave them alone, and DO expect them to regulate us into obscurity.......very soon
    Speaking of "out of proportion", did you know that the government 'makes' about 5 times as much on each gallon of gas you buy than the evil big oil company does?

Regards,
    Jim

VIP Member
    Supply and demand. I was at the LGS over the holiday and they had 6 AR 15s on the shelf. We looked around the store at different items. After about an hour they were all sold. Guys were purchasing them 2 at a time. They had 1 FN SCAR asking $5,400.00. no takers when I was there.

Here's my experience so far. I know this isn't the best time to conduct business but, just like everyone else, I'm trying to jump on the band wagon before it's too late.

I have a Rock River .223 AR-15 with very few rounds shot through it. The RR is naturally for a right-hander, and throughout my military career I'm tired of getting hot brass resting against my neck or down my shirt, it be hot, hot, HOT!

Went to my local FFL AR dealer and worked out a trade of a Stag Arms model 3L, .556 left hand model. The Stag is / was listed at $920.00 and the dealer offered me $760.00 for my RR trade in. I'm thinking to myself this is too good to be true? But he ordered it! I did this December 26th and then went home and decided to check Stag Arms website to try and find out availability. They're completely shut down Christmas through New Years (Good for them) and according to their website, must be extremely back logged.

I'm hoping the left-handed models are not flying off the shelves like y'all shooting wrong sided!

Anyway, I committed to a thirty day waiting period and that's it. If it's not in by then I would not be interested. It's not in my DNA to wait months /years for a gun or custom holster.

My entire military career was one big, "hurry up and wait"... I will never stand in a line in a restaurant to eat ever again. Because, it hurts my shoulders to stand in line at "parade rest"

No price gouging in my one and only experience so far.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links