80% AR Lower

80% AR Lower

This is a discussion on 80% AR Lower within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone with experience in milling an 80% Lower? How difficult of a project is this? Thanks in advance for any advice, information, and for your ...

Thread: 80% AR Lower

80% AR Lower

Anyone with experience in milling an 80% Lower?

How difficult of a project is this? Thanks in advance for any advice, information, and for your help.

(Mod's if this needs to be posted under how to or somewhere else, thanks for the putting it in the right place)
    Last edited by JNC; December 30th, 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added note to Mod

Administrator
    It's fine right where it is.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    If you have any machine work background its not too difficult. If you go to one of the build party's where they have a CNC mill set up you will need no experience at all. AR lowers are not that complex, and Ive seen some completed with a drill press and a dremmel! I wouldn't try the drill press and Dremmel method without a lot of experience. DR

VIP Member
    Or you could just get a shovel and make a gun out of it.
    This was psoted here once but I couldn't find it , DIY: Shovel AK - photo tsunami warning!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Thanks. I don't have any background as a machinist. But like a challenge. It seems like a cool project. And Oneshot that is pure entertainment! I'm sure spades less than 16" will be included in any proposed AWB- they are so scary.

Links