SKS near me for $400.00 - is this a good deal?

This is a discussion on SKS near me for $400.00 - is this a good deal? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SpringerXD Thanks. Yeah, I see plenty on GunBroker going for $600.00 and up with no better equipment. So how do I check ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SKS near me for $400.00 - is this a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I see plenty on GunBroker going for $600.00 and up with no better equipment.

So how do I check if the mag is aftermarket? Will it be stamped with a manufacturer's name somewhere?
    Basically, any non ten round magazine will be after market, unless it is an sks-d that takes ak mags. The d model will have an ak style magazine release, and ak mags do not have the "duck bill" extension to fit the space in the sks mag well.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This makes me want to cry. Many years ago I picked up 5 SKS rifles for a grand total of $475 at a gun show. A couple of years ago I decided I'd sell them since I had no use for them at all. When I see the prices of SKS rifles now I kick myself for not holding on a little longer.

Jump all over the thing. It will hold value even if the nice men and women in Washington don't get another ban in place. If the ban goes through you'll be glad you have a rifle that is capable.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links