I want to buy a LWRC REPR lower only, possible?

This is a discussion on I want to buy a LWRC REPR lower only, possible? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have contacted LWRC via email but have no heard back since it is the new year holiday this week. However I figured I would ...

Thread: I want to buy a LWRC REPR lower only, possible?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

I want to buy a LWRC REPR lower only, possible?

I have contacted LWRC via email but have no heard back since it is the new year holiday this week. However I figured I would ask here as well.

I would like to purchase the "lower" of an LWRC REPR 7.62 rifle. Do you, please with direct experiences, know if I can purchase just the lower and if so what a reputable dealer would be. I do not want to purchase the entire rifle at this time as I have other commitments to make however I would like to secure the lower receiver.

Many thanks. I do not see why this would be impossible being that almost every gun manufacturer there is will sell a lower receiver given you go through the appropriate background, ffl transfers, etc...

Thanks in advance community.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Shouldn't be an issue - the lower is the serialized part. Just have them ship it to your FFL, or have your FFL order it from them. Other options for 7.62 lowers are out there as well - Armalite, Noveske, KnightsArmCo, not sure but I know there are others as well. Finding one in stock may be a challenge. You aren't the only person who has figured out that buying a lower receiver now is a smart move. Are you wanting a complete lower, or just the stripped receiver?

Austin

Tough to find any lowers, Hi cap mags, you name it..

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Shouldn't be an issue - the lower is the serialized part. Just have them ship it to your FFL, or have your FFL order it from them. Other options for 7.62 lowers are out there as well - Armalite, Noveske, KnightsArmCo, not sure but I know there are others as well. Finding one in stock may be a challenge. You aren't the only person who has figured out that buying a lower receiver now is a smart move. Are you wanting a complete lower, or just the stripped receiver?

Austin
    I will take stripped or complete. Doesnt matter. Probably easily $1000+ for a complete lower as a pre-hyped price for the complete rifle was about $2900-3400 ish from what I seen.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

There are some complete rifles on Gunbroker right now - starting at about $3900, and going up to $5500 (with bids) for rifle only. There's one listed for $7200 w/ scope but no bids yet....another at $6700 w/ scope getting bid on. Crazy expensive for a factory semi-auto rifle. What is the appeal of this gun particularly?

Austin

ah - DPMS. That's the other manufacturer I didn't remember earlier. If you search for 7.62 Lower Receiver you'll find them in the ~$350 range.

There are plenty of reliable and proven designs in 7.62mm that have been around a long time - probably for about 1/5 the price too.

Austin

ah - DPMS. That's the other manufacturer I didn't remember earlier. If you search for 7.62 Lower Receiver you'll find them in the ~$350 range.

There are plenty of reliable and proven designs in 7.62mm that have been around a long time - probably for about 1/5 the price too.

Austin
    Would a LWRC Upper fit a DPMS lower?

Okay now I am starting to gravitate towards the price of the DPMS 308 Recon 16"'r this is looking like a nice rifle for the money.

Wherever you gravitate, do it quickly if possible. I don't think prices will be going down for ~6 months or so, when everyone quits being scared and supply starts to meet demand again. I don't know if the uppers are interchangeable - I'm not an AR-10/SR-25 expert. I would guess that they do, but I quick google search will find the answer you're looking for.

Austin

Wherever you gravitate, do it quickly if possible. I don't think prices will be going down for ~6 months or so, when everyone quits being scared and supply starts to meet demand again. I don't know if the uppers are interchangeable - I'm not an AR-10/SR-25 expert. I would guess that they do, but I quick google search will find the answer you're looking for.

Austin
    Well true... everything is closed today but I am going to go to the toy store I frequent and see what they can do for me. I am not necessarily fear buying but I am cautious in the fact that there is no garauntee more unconstitutional legislation wont pass or an draconian executive order, which by law is only in effect during the term of the president who issued it. Either way there is no harm is securing a nice 7.62 at this point anyways if the price and product is available.

I have an x39mm but it falls way short of a x51mm

Quick question on the side... A 7.62x51 is about 0.013mm longer than a .308 yet these rifles all claim to handle both... is there some special machining done or clearances that will allow both cartridge types to feed shoot and eject without deforming or cracking a .308 brass?

My guns don't notice a difference - but I don't have any .308s, just 7.62s. I think it's "technically" the opposite rule as .223/5.56 - you can shoot 7.62 in .308, but not .308 in 7.62? not sure exactly. My 7.62 ammo is milsurp for the most part, with some .308 mixed in as well. I believe the .308 runs at a higher pressure than the 7.62x51

I doubt there is any special machining going on. The dimensions are the same - .013mm overall length? brass? Where did you get that measurement from?

Austin

My guns don't notice a difference - but I don't have any .308s, just 7.62s. I think it's "technically" the opposite rule as .223/5.56 - you can shoot 7.62 in .308, but not .308 in 7.62? not sure exactly. My 7.62 ammo is milsurp for the most part, with some .308 mixed in as well. I believe the .308 runs at a higher pressure than the 7.62x51

I doubt there is any special machining going on. The dimensions are the same - .013mm overall length? brass? Where did you get that measurement from?

Austin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlte9Z9Eqk

http://www.saami.org/specifications_...mbinations.pdf

You can see that in .223 the 5.56mm is listed as unsafe - but no mention of 7.62x51 vs 308 winchester. I don't care enough to call them and ask, but maybe someone out there does/has.

7.62x51 vs .308 - THR

Some armorers weigh in with some interesting info here.

I don't know who made that video - I'm sure they mean well, and have a source for their info.

I'll keep using them interchangeably in my guns - no issues at all so far, and looking at the brass there is no indication that anything bad is going on. The measurement of .013mm is so close to nothing - even a little carbon build up or a crumb of dirt is bigger than that. If I had a precision rifle that was finicky about these things, maybe it would matter. 5/10,000 of an inch? I don't think my guns are even made to specs that tight - or even close to it!

Austin

Links