.410 for HD ?

This is a discussion on .410 for HD ? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can get past the .410 caliber, but I'd rather have 3 shots from the 20 available. That said, whether you make hits or not, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: .410 for HD ?

I can get past the .410 caliber, but I'd rather have 3 shots from the 20 available. That said, whether you make hits or not, how many stories have we heard of the BG sticking around after hearing the first bang? I quite honestly can't recall any cases of actual "shootouts" at a home invasion/burglary scenario.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    IMHO a 410 pump setup with a 18 inch barrel and a pistol grip would be an excellent HD weapon. Use #1 buckshot in it. The 410 will stop bad guns. Use the single shot until something better comes ur way.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I would feel fine with the ballistics of any of buckshot load out of that gun. It's the single shot that would be a little worrisome. Get a stock sleeve that holds extra rounds and practice reloading like crazy.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Well I counted 12 favorable and 4 not so favorable comments.

Hey Brad ... would you believe I have a chrome Raven .25 ... never fired, good paperweight !

A single shot is certainly not the best choice but like some said "better than nothing or a pointy stick" (love that).

I just may change my bug in this case to the Sig P220C .45 ! Haven't had a chance to wring it out since I got it
    back from Sig but that's another story.

Appreciate all the replies ... J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links