.410 for HD ? - Page 2

.410 for HD ?

This is a discussion on .410 for HD ? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can get past the .410 caliber, but I'd rather have 3 shots from the 20 available. That said, whether you make hits or not, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: .410 for HD ?

I can get past the .410 caliber, but I'd rather have 3 shots from the 20 available. That said, whether you make hits or not, how many stories have we heard of the BG sticking around after hearing the first bang? I quite honestly can't recall any cases of actual "shootouts" at a home invasion/burglary scenario.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

IMHO a 410 pump setup with a 18 inch barrel and a pistol grip would be an excellent HD weapon. Use #1 buckshot in it. The 410 will stop bad guns. Use the single shot until something better comes ur way.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I would feel fine with the ballistics of any of buckshot load out of that gun. It's the single shot that would be a little worrisome. Get a stock sleeve that holds extra rounds and practice reloading like crazy.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Well I counted 12 favorable and 4 not so favorable comments.

Hey Brad ... would you believe I have a chrome Raven .25 ... never fired, good paperweight !

A single shot is certainly not the best choice but like some said "better than nothing or a pointy stick" (love that).

I just may change my bug in this case to the Sig P220C .45 ! Haven't had a chance to wring it out since I got it
    back from Sig but that's another story.

Appreciate all the replies ... J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links