Ordered a Remington 870 Express Tactical

This is a discussion on Ordered a Remington 870 Express Tactical within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got back from the LGS, bought a Blackhawk OWB holster for my glock 19, and ordered an 870 express tactical, after tax it comes ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crestwood1001

Thread: Ordered a Remington 870 Express Tactical

Just got back from the LGS, bought a Blackhawk OWB holster for my glock 19, and ordered an 870 express tactical, after tax it comes to $490, I put $100 down today, should be a two-three week wait, can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    atctimmy likes this.

Being unhappy with an 870 is like seeing a Toyota Pickup truck broken-down on the roadside, it just...doesn't happen! Well done!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Good choice IMHO. Can spend more money, but can't beat that combination for function and effectiveness. Good for you.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Main reasons I went with the express tactical were because it has the factory installed extended mag tube, and factory installed ghost ring sights. If I was to buy a normal 870 I would install both, but to add a mag extension you have to grind down the dimples, and to install the ghost ring sights you have to have the gun drilled and tapped. So for around $100 more that's all done and ready. Works for me

i've got that same model myself - super reliable and well-built to boot. enjoy!

Remington 870 Express 20 Gauge for Christmas, bought some #4 buckshot defense shells...nice slide action when shooting at end of my driveway on Christmas day!
    Stephen - Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 9mm
    Sherry - Taurus 85 38 Special

I picked one up for $350 new, but it was the non-tactical. Had the mag extension though. Just no flash suppressor, rail or ghost ring.

I love mine!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Not for me

I bought an 870 Tactical about a year and a half ago with the factory extended mag tube. It would either not feed or double feed multiple kinds of shells regularly. I took it back to the very large gun store for repair, which made it worse, if anything. I finally convinced the manager that he should give me my money back, which he did.

On to Benelli, where I have been very happy ever since.

i got a rem 870 tactical 3 years ago new for i think 350 it came with extended tube thats it but put a new ati 6 position stock on it and wanto get ghost ring sites. keep it clean and itll last forever. theirs so many tactical accessories you can add to them. military and police use them to so that says alot also, congrats.

If it doesn't have one, pick up a magpul forend. It's the best useful upgrade I did to my express magnum. It's a little longer than the stock forend and is built up on the back so your hand has something to keep it from slipping off when racking the slide. It has made my empty chamber reloads faster in competitions. Best $29 I've spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Welland View Post
    I bought an 870 Tactical about a year and a half ago with the factory extended mag tube. It would either not feed or double feed multiple kinds of shells regularly. I took it back to the very large gun store for repair, which made it worse, if anything. I finally convinced the manager that he should give me my money back, which he did.

On to Benelli, where I have been very happy ever since.
    The plastic follower is a well known weak point. I plan on replacing it with a red aluminum one for around $15, no biggie and I prefer the visibility of the red follower

Excellent choice.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition. The 870 is an awesome platform and the "tactical" is a great flavor. ;-)

Please post pics when you get it.

Certainly will

Links