Dana Safety Supply Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians

This is a discussion on Dana Safety Supply Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Very bad. Hope this is not a growing trend... Dana Safety Supply has stated that they will no longer sell AR-15 style rifles to civilians ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Ransom
  • 1 Post By jonconsiglio
  • 1 Post By Jetfuelrm
  • 2 Post By mg27
  • 1 Post By nedrgr21

Thread: Dana Safety Supply Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians

Dana Safety Supply Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians

Very bad. Hope this is not a growing trend...

Dana Safety Supply has stated that they will no longer sell AR-15 style rifles to civilians and will reserve those rifles for sale only to “law enforcement” only. DSS defines law enforcement as Law Enforcement Officers, Public Safety, LE Academy Cadets, EMT/Firefighters/Paramedics, Military Personnel, Corrections Officers, State Licensed Armed Security Officers, Court Judges, District Attorneys, and Deputy D.A.s.

Dana Safety Supply Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians So Sheriff Pulls His Business | Guns Save Lives
    As a result Oconee County Georgia Sheriff Scott Berry pulled their business. Kudos to him.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Good on the Sheriff...
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Glad he did it we need more people like him.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Got to love getting a return message that hurts when a business thinks it's doing the "right thing". They think they are doing the right thing, and so does the sheriff.

The only weird thing is how firefighters end up in groups allowed certain extra rights for things that firefighters don't need to do their job, or aren't even allowed to have on the job. (This case "assault rifles" or any gun) Not that I'm complaining because I'm a fireman by trade, but still, it's odd. (I do enjoy the Oakley government program though )

Geeze, People are giving up before the "fight" or talks even begin.
    Eagleks and scgunlover1 like this.

Economics will win in the end. Some ambitions person will fill the slot for selling ARs to the public that this company will not sell. Once Dana realizes how much money they are losing because of their self imposed ban and after the hupla dies down, they will start to sell them again.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I'm confused...are they trying to be politically correct, or are they saving their meager supply for LE use?

Sounds like the former, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I'm confused...are they trying to be politically correct, or are they saving their meager supply for LE use?

Sounds like the former, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.
    I'm gonna bet it's the first since the Sheriff told them where they could go.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    Geeze, People are giving up before the "fight" or talks even begin.
    IMO.....This is why the state of affairs in NJ is what it is.............low esteem and lack of caring.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

If the Co. is a "for profit" business, they probably make more money selling to "non" LEOs, given the typical LEO discounts and such.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hopefully, when they, and others, decide to sell them again there will be no buyers willing to patronize their business.
    Eagleks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If the Co. is a "for profit" business, they probably make more money selling to "non" LEOs, given the typical LEO discounts and such.
    That's true; but I could understand them allocating the guns they have (which are getting harder to come by) to those who have a greater chance of actually needing them in the line of duty.

That said, it does seem like they are trying to be "PC." I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, since their statement does not give a reason why they changed policies.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I think I'll go back to Oconee County next week, and buy something!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Links