Found a Mossberg!

Found a Mossberg!

This is a discussion on Found a Mossberg! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I still wasn't happy with having to downgrade from the Mossberg to the Stevens. Today on the way home from the range, my wife ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Found a Mossberg!

Found a Mossberg!

So I still wasn't happy with having to downgrade from the Mossberg to the Stevens. Today on the way home from the range, my wife and I stopped at Sports Authority to see if they have any 12 gauge shells. Well, I made a mistake and took a gander at the HD shotguns and what do I find?

Mossberg 500 "Thunder Ranch." The standoff looks to be more fluff the real life usefulness, unless I decide to breach a building for some reason . . . (or need to stab a zombie with it after I've emptied the tube). But nevertheless, I'm pretty happy. With FFL transfer fees and shipping, I'd never find a Mossberg 500 at a cheaper price.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congrats!

Good looking shot gun! I wish mine had the breacher, it sure does make it look mean! Hell, maybe they'll ban that too!

Re: Found a Mossberg!

I just handled the same gun at my shop today. I like the forend...just enough rail for a light and not enough to tear you up. Congrats on your purchase.

Sweeet.. What're they running for now with this frenzy?
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Congrats on both of your finds.....the Mossberg AND a wife that goes with you to the range! You better hold on to both of 'em.

I've got the Persuader version of your Mossy. (Pistol grip, heat shield, 7 round tube)

I really like the rail on yours; like Wreckingba11 said, just the right size. I'm going to check in to one of those.

Congrats. Thats a good lookin shotty you got.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    So I still wasn't happy with having to downgrade from the Mossberg to the Stevens. Today on the way home from the range, my wife and I stopped at Sports Authority to see if they have any 12 gauge shells. Well, I made a mistake and took a gander at the HD shotguns and what do I find?

Mossberg 500 "Thunder Ranch." The standoff looks to be more fluff the real life usefulness, unless I decide to breach a building for some reason . . . (or need to stab a zombie with it after I've emptied the tube). But nevertheless, I'm pretty happy. With FFL transfer fees and shipping, I'd never find a Mossberg 500 at a cheaper price.
    Don't call it fluff. Have you seen the effect of a good muzzle strike to the face of an intruder? I absolutely love breeching chokes on shotguns. I'm looking for a 935 pistol grip in black now, with 22" barrel like yours, and plan to have, or put one of those chokes on it too, along with a tube extension and tac light.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Great looking Mossy, great choice. I know it will serve you well, my Mariner 590 sure has.
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

Thanks everyone - oh, and . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Don't call it fluff. Have you seen the effect of a good muzzle strike to the face of an intruder? I absolutely love breeching chokes on shotguns. I'm looking for a 935 pistol grip in black now, with 22" barrel like yours, and plan to have, or put one of those chokes on it too, along with a tube extension and tac light.
    Yeah, I'm not planning letting 'em get close enough to try it out.

Seriously, If I can't defend my family with this and a G23 with hollowpoints - I'm screwed no matter what I do. BTW, it IS nice to know that my wife is armed as well, and even has more rounds in her clip than I do.

What I like about this is not only is it a 18.5" barrel, but it's overall length is only 37.25. Nice and short.

Re: Found a Mossberg!

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    Sweeet.. What're they running for now with this frenzy?
    375 at my shop

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    It's one of those last resort sort of deals.. if you get caught while having to reload, or clearing a corner.. that sort of thing. I wouldn't recommend trying a breeching choke as a primary defense! hehe
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Good looking gun. As long as the fluff doesn't get in the way of practical use it doesn't bother me personally. Mossbergs have proven themselves to be great guns. My 590 probably has close to 700 rds through it with no issue at all. Enjoy, and make sure you shoot it, its fun!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Ex Member
    My Mossy has lasted longer than 2 marriages and 6-8 girl friends.

I've got the Persuader, too. Added a Butler Creek metal folding stock and it's just perfect. Beautiful weapon, rocks and rolls all day long. Much as I love my handguns, the Mossberg is what I'd grab if I wanted maximum firepower.

Buckeye00 likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links