trouble with an EoTech 512 - Page 2

trouble with an EoTech 512

This is a discussion on trouble with an EoTech 512 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Jon & Austin- Thanks so much guys! As soon as the monsoon lets up around here I will put these suggestions into play. Will report ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: trouble with an EoTech 512

Jon & Austin- Thanks so much guys! As soon as the monsoon lets up around here I will put these suggestions into play. Will report back after next range time..

Administrator
    (I have made BIG adjustments on elevation / windage to try and correct it but to no avail.)

On your EOTech make sure that you do not force your windage/elevation adjustment controls past their maximum adjustment points or you will need to send it back to EOTech for repair.

Also - Just as a general FYI for our new members (since we have so many new members these days) ~ Although many shooters try and co-witness the EOTech on their front sight the EOTech is really intended to be a "stand alone" optical sighting system.

The EOTech is not intended to be used like a would use a typical rifle scope. You should not look "through it" with one eye closed as you would with a common rifle tube optic.

With the EOTech on the rifle both eyes should be open and focused out at the intended target and target position and the EOTech housing will then appear blurred but the illuminated reticule will appear crisply superimposed out on the intended target.
    Tangle and aus71383 like this.

I can't even count how many times I have to explain the co-witnessing is for checking zero, not for shooting.
    Tangle, QKShooter and Skygod like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links