Brought home a Colt LE6920MP-B yesterday!

This is a discussion on Brought home a Colt LE6920MP-B yesterday! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For most of my life, my timing gas sucked! I'm usually a day late and a dollar short. But I decided to listen to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Brought home a Colt LE6920MP-B yesterday!

Brought home a Colt LE6920MP-B yesterday!

For most of my life, my timing gas sucked! I'm usually a day late and a dollar short. But I decided to listen to the little voice inside my head that kept saying "If you ever want to get a Colt AR, you better do it quick!". So last month on December 12th after being tempted to buy a Colt at a couple of Local Wal-Marts, I went to my LGS and put a LE6920MP-B on layaway. It was about $60.00 bucks more than Walmart, but Wally World didn't allow layaways and I didn't have all the cash yet. I think I actually filled out the layaway forms sandwiched between the Portland Oregon mall shooting and the Newtown Conn school shooting. Then the crap really hit the fan!! I'm so glad that I listened to that little voice inside of me! This isn't my first AR (My first was a build that a friend did for my back in the late 90's on a DPMS lower during the first AWB and last year I got a Spike's free-float monolithic railed flat top to go with a Spike's lower I had bought months earlier. But it is my first Colt! My son has 2 Ruger SRs, one a 556c and the other in 6.8SPC. Now he has the itch for a top tier AR in .308. I don't think he will get as lucky as I did. His window of opportunity may have closed unless he is ready to pay through the nose!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

2. Remove Ads

Anyone lucky enough to bring home a Colt...is lucky enough! Well done! As for a high-end .308 AR? IMHO, I prefer an FN FAL.
    aus71383 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Prepare for the onslaught of posts demanding photos. Seriously, lets see this thing!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    atctimmy likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I hope to get some photos up soon. It might have to wait till tomorrow though. Too busy today!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Congrats, and another vote for FAL for .308

Austin

VIP Member
    Excellent purchase. We need pictures!

Colt 6920 is a very good AR owned a couple before I turned them all in.
    While I am now sold on the gas piston versions the 6920 is out standing

Good thing you did the layaway. A shop near me has a 6920 for $2,200. Sadly, I imagine it'll see eventually at that price..

Glad you got it!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Good thing you did the layaway. A shop near me has a 6920 for $2,200. Sadly, I imagine it'll see eventually at that price..

Glad you got it!

Jeeesh!

You could have picked an LE6920 last night froms Buds gunbidder site. It was up to $4500 with over an hour of bidding left.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Fleet farm is still selling the Huldar Adams Arms starting at 949 they keep getting a few at a time in stock two there right now at that price.
    They are a better weapon than even the Colt.
    Not every place is ripping everyone off.
    It you want to pay that kind of money for a Colt 6920 that was posted above I can find a couple new in the box .

Outstanding Weapon-I want to purchase

The Colt LE6920 MP-B is the exact weapon I would like to purchase. Needless to day, like most places, I am having difficulty finding one. I know I will likely pay a premium but I am willing to go a tad bit higher to just get one. If anyone can help me out in my purchase and point me in the right direction feel free to direct message me with the info. I'd like to buy new if possible.

Thanks All!

OD*
    Congratulations.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links