100 round magazine

This is a discussion on 100 round magazine within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe it is me, but I would rather have 3-4 30 round magazines than one 100 round magazine. Just seems easier to control...and why would ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 100 round magazine

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

100 round magazine

Maybe it is me, but I would rather have 3-4 30 round magazines than one 100 round magazine. Just seems easier to control...and why would you NEED a 100 round magazine anyways?

Democratic-senators-offer-gun-control-amendment-for-cybersecurity-bill1.jpg
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Ditto, the only reason I've ever thought about buying a 100 rd mag was for a range toy. But even then the price always made me reconsider.
    Last edited by Harvester; January 11th, 2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Because I can!!
    Molon Labe

VIP Member

100 round magazine

Zombie attack perhaps?

Not that I think "need" should be up for discussion, but I'm assuming that's not your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cuda66, atctimmy and aus71383 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Maybe it is me, but I would rather have 3-4 30 round magazines than one 100 round magazine. Just seems easier to control...and why would you NEED a 100 round magazine anyways?

Democratic-senators-offer-gun-control-amendment-for-cybersecurity-bill1.jpg
    Why do you NEED a 10 round magazine? Diane Feinstein wants to limit you to 5 shots with a fixed mag.

Welcome to the Democratic Party. Enjoy your stay.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Just seems easier to control...and why would you NEED a 100 round magazine anyways?
    That's a slippery slope you're standing on my friend.

I hope you were joking.
    aceakarick and mg27 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Why would you need more that a single shot rifle. And once we make that the standard why would you need that.
    Give it all up one small step at a time.
    mg27 likes this.

Look at it this way. When I ate my supper last night, I NEEDED the first 1000 or so calories or so to sustain my life. The other 15,000 or so calories I crammed down my gullet were only because I WANTED them. Therefore I ate them. And it was my right to do so. AND, it was no one elses business.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought three 30 round mags for my AR. I didn't NEED them. I bought them because the gun grabbing lunatics don't want me to have them. It is, so far, myright to have them and it is no one elses business.

Now, I guess I'll have to get me one of those 100 round mags as well. Do I need it? Nope. But I'm gonna get it anyway.

Anybody got a problem with that?

Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Too much weight for my liking. And I'm not convinced of their reliability. Heck, I prefer 20-rd mags to the 30-rd ones...easier to get into the prone.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieD View Post
    Look at it this way. When I ate my supper last night, I NEEDED the first 1000 or so calories or so to sustain my life. The other 15,000 or so calories I crammed down my gullet were only because I WANTED them. Therefore I ate them. And it was my right to do so. AND, it was no one elses business.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought three 30 round mags for my AR. I didn't NEED them. I bought them because the gun grabbing lunatics don't want me to have them. It is, so far, myright to have them and it is no one elses business.

Now, I guess I'll have to get me one of those 100 round mags as well. Do I need it? Nope. But I'm gonna get it anyway.

Anybody got a problem with that?

Donnie D
    I think you used one too many zeros in there my friend. I'm on a 2000-2500 calorie per day diet and that's plenty of food to me. If you eat 20,000 calories in one sitting, well, you must be a rather large guy.. or possibly an elephant.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    How does the weight of all the bullets affect shooting the rifle. I could see it where it would be fun to just fire off shots at the range. But I could not see using one. I know some have a good feed system and some have spring issues, How do you know whats good and whats not so. I don't believe it is up to the goverment to tell us what we can and can't have!

VIP Member
    They are a little cumbersome. I've only used mine once - just to test it out, but that is not the point.

I'm sick of the ever-probing questions of which of my possessions do I really need.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

...and why would you NEED a 100 round magazine anyways? Democratic-senators-offer-gun-control-amendment-for-cybersecurity-bill1.jpg
    I need one because I believe that it will make the antis hate me at least three times more.
    BigStick and mg27 like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Administrator
    Personally I think that a 93 round capacity magazine would be OK but, absolutely and no way do I see any useful purpose in a 100 round magazine...for civilians.

Now...for legitimate Law Enforcement purposes I think that I would be OK with possibly 106 rounds in one magazine.

I am also OK with hollow-point ammunition as long as the hollow portion is not really really deep...like sort of a shallow hollow would be fine with me.

This all could be avoided by open carrying a belt fed weapon.
    atctimmy, WHEC724 and mg27 like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Smile

i have a belt fed weapon, i reach down and my belt feeds me my glock 17 everytime.
    i agree with WHEC724, what i need or want is my business alone,...... or my wifes.......
    aceakarick and BkCo1 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links