Have Black Rifles Reached Greater Fool Status? - Page 2

Have Black Rifles Reached Greater Fool Status?

This is a discussion on Have Black Rifles Reached Greater Fool Status? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've gotten 2 MOA groups at 400m in wind (group was 8" across by 4" high, five rounds fired from a Marlin 917V, BSA Sweet ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Have Black Rifles Reached Greater Fool Status?

I've gotten 2 MOA groups at 400m in wind (group was 8" across by 4" high, five rounds fired from a Marlin 917V, BSA Sweet 17 scope and bipod)... I'm not saying it's an F-class match winner, but being able to shoot that distance without paying for at least .223, much less 308 or 30-06 and the like is a plus.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    I've gotten 2 MOA groups at 400m in wind (group was 8" across by 4" high, five rounds fired from a Marlin 917V, BSA Sweet 17 scope and bipod)... I'm not saying it's an F-class match winner, but being able to shoot that distance without paying for at least .223, much less 308 or 30-06 and the like is a plus.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Awe, good ole capitalism. Which if it goes unimpeded, will correct itself. I dont see Congress passing a stimulus to put more mags and AR's in the hands of middle class folks like us any time soon. Its a coin flip to see if those prices even out, or go through the roof.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

The debate is already changing back in our direction; anyone who saw Ben Shapiro absolutely tear apart Piers Morgan the other night would have seen just how the debate is starting to change.

My Brother-in-Law republican lobbyist also tells me that the phones to Congressional leaders are melting down from all the calls from gun owners giving their representatives a piece of their mind; My prediction is that they may try to legislate some things, but like the financial issues there will not be much done due to the mid term elections. I doubt what one commentator was saying this morning about the atmosphere changing against the NRA because of the election, I think that while many of those on-the-fence voters may have disliked Romney, they will absolutely vote for their guns now that Obama and the Democrats are coming after them.........
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

The pricing may drop a little, but until it is certain that nothing, or very little is going to happen, they are still going to be selling for 200% above Dec 12th pricing.

Just another twisted form of the stock market/commodity trading.

I am honestly surprised that I have not seen any 10rnd Pmags developed, let alone any brand of them hit the market yet.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

CJM
    I predict here in a week or two when the idiots get their credit card bills there will be some reasonably priced if not cheap mags, uppers and lowers etc available to purchase. It's already begun on other forums.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    ...I am honestly surprised that I have not seen any 10rnd Pmags developed, let alone any brand of them hit the market yet.
    Huh?

Magpul PMAG M3 Mag AR-15 223 Remington 10-Round Black
    AR-15 10 ROUND POLYMER MAGAZINE | Brownells
    TangoDown ARC Mag AR-15 223 Remington 10-Round Polymer

You can buy all the hand guns you want here right now.
    AR's can be had at normal price if you there when the come in they do sell quick. Ad this week For fleet farm 3 version of the AR at the same price they sold for all year.
    Mags also but they limit 4 if you buy a weapon 1 if not a day.
    AK's imports are being held up some how
    Whole counter full of bolt actions in all kinds of calibers at the same price they have been all year.

Huh. All of my Pmag searches when shopping before never showed any 10 rounders. Only 30 & 20,

Thanks.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links