Questions about the robinson xcr rifle

This is a discussion on Questions about the robinson xcr rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, so I'm in the store, and one of my Customers, whom I know very well, tells me he has a Robinson Armament XCR in ...

Thread: Questions about the robinson xcr rifle

Questions about the robinson xcr rifle

Ok, so I'm in the store, and one of my Customers, whom I know very well, tells me he has a Robinson Armament XCR in 223 Rem. Come with papers and hard case. Will cost me about 1050.00 It also has fold down Troys. After reading about this gun, I find myself in some strange waters. I kinda like it, as it has the FAL side charging handle, and piston system. Down side is lack of caliber change as I can't find conversions for it. Is this thing a bone? or a diamond in the rough? or something like the Bushy ACR?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

Some people like them. I don't think the price is unreasonable (especially considering the timing) - you could probably pull the Troys off and sell them separate from the rifle and come out ahead.

I have no desire to own one personally - I like more "normal" things myself. There is more info about them over on ar15.com - try a google site search there and I bet you'll find out a lot.

(here's one on Gunbroker ROBINSON XCR 5.56 223 PISTON AR15 M4 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com )

Austin

JD
    Administrator
    I was eye-balling the .308, some inconsistent reviews, some good, some bad. Some negatives about the manufacturer etc...If you've got the cash, I'd buy it now and flip it later.

I've decided to pass on the rifle. Yes, it looks cool, but replacment parts will be a pain. It was 1125.00 minus my 10% but somebody else placed his name on it as soon as i passed on it.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links