Celebrated Obama's Speech Today - Page 2

Celebrated Obama's Speech Today

This is a discussion on Celebrated Obama's Speech Today within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by TX expat I do agree that weapons designed for the battlefield shouldn't be on our streets. They should be in my safe ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Celebrated Obama's Speech Today

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I do agree that weapons designed for the battlefield shouldn't be on our streets. They should be in my safe where they belong. Who the heck is going just leave stuff laying around in the street. It might get hit by a car, or some gun-ignorant lib might accidentally pick it up and think it's a pogo stick and... well, you get the picture.
    I love it! I think this same thing to myself everytime I hear people talking about guns in the street.
    TX expat likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member
    Stopped by my LGS this morning to pick up a Weatherby PA459TR shotgun and joined all the other patrons in a viewing of the "show".
    The shop owner had just returned from picking up several large boxes at UPS and while the speech was going on he ceremoniously opened the largest box to reveal 30 round mags-a-plenty!
    ... and a good time was had by all.

As far as the speech goes, there were a good number of points that sounded a whole lot like what we've been saying all along... and of course some not so much.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

LOL !!! I did the same thing. I went online and found 3- Mec-Gar 18 round magazines for my Springfield XD9 !!! Also found and purchased a Mec-Gar 17 round magazine for my Sig P229 and a 30 round magazine for my Keltec PMR30 !!! God Bless
    mhiggi02 likes this.

It is truly amazing that we hear "don't use Obama's children as a political prop" and yet Obama uses children as political props when it suits his needs.

I am waiting for a commercial that highlights this. I think I will be waiting awhile.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Speaking of children...since I didn't watch.....anybody know if the "prop" kids were pulled from DC public schools for this occasion, or are they children of notables who have them in private (protected) schools, or what ? Just wondering.

Didn't get a chance to stop at a LGS today, but last night my wife mentioned going shopping later this week. She has her CHL, and as she said, she may not want to carry regular, but she wants to be able to exercise her right to do so.
    Steve

[QUOTE=rainmaker;2552239]Speaking of children...since I didn't watch.....anybody know if the "prop" kids were pulled from DC public schools for this occasion, or are they children of notables who have them in private (protected) schools, or what ? Just wondering.

Well I believe these are the children that are running our country now, according to the news, they had written Obama a letter asking him for more gun control after the Hook School shooting... so there you have it...
    91wm6 likes this.

When do you think we'll ever get a president that's really down to earth on how MY country that I protect is? When's the last time that ANY president went out hunting fishing or any such real American past time recreational activity that involves killing a wild game for sport having their picture taken to be placed up on a braging wall then actually innjoying their feast with it? Theodore Rosavelt is about the last one I can think of that was truely a real American outdoorsman for a president.

I had just finished lunch and was leaving the house to go work.

When I heard Biden speaking before, I got ill and quickly shut off the TV and got going.

They are going to do what they do no matter what.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I celebrated by buying reloading supplies: 1,000 rounds of .45, 1,000 rounds of .380, and 250 rounds of .38. My brother gave me a set of .45 caliber reloading dies and 1,000 primers for my birthday. I see a lot of fun in my future!
    mhiggi02 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Speaking of children...since I didn't watch.....anybody know if the "prop" kids were pulled from DC public schools for this occasion, or are they children of notables who have them in private (protected) schools, or what ? Just wondering.
    I wonder if the kids that wrote the letters included their demographic info? A little too convenient spread of color and gender if you ask me. It's all staged for a photo-op. What was he signing? He hasn't issued any orders yet, so it is all just for show.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I wonder if the kids that wrote the letters included their demographic info? A little too convenient spread of color and gender if you ask me. It's all staged for a photo-op. What was he signing? He hasn't issued any orders yet, so it is all just for show.
    Probably the paychecks of those kid's parents.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I didn't even watch that crap. I was enjoying lunch with my 2 year old daughter at the time and waiting for my wife to get home.

I celebrated by going my my LGS over lunch and buying an evil, black M&P 9mm full size with 2 exceedingly evil 17 round "magazine clips". And a box of even more exceedingly evil Speer 147gr Gold Dot "armor piercing bullets". ;-)
    PAPADALE1 and mhiggi02 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    It is truly amazing that we hear "don't use Obama's children as a political prop" and yet Obama uses children as political props when it suits his needs.
    Bloomberg has gone so far as to run a child from Arizona up his flagpole. What, no cute kids in NYC?

What about Obama signing a bill providing lifetime armed guards for himself and his wife? Does that mean that my wife and I should be able to be armed for the rest of our lives? Oh no, we're just ordinary folks so we don't deserve any protection.

More Elitist Hypocrite trash.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    In other news, the AR-15 next to me has managed to go yet another day without becoming self-aware and committing acts of violence upon the populace.
    Be warned.....it's just a matter of time......

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links