Celebrated Obama's Speech Today

This is a discussion on Celebrated Obama's Speech Today within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While he was talking I went out and scooped up 4 more mags for my AK (while I still can)....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Celebrated Obama's Speech Today

Celebrated Obama's Speech Today

While he was talking I went out and scooped up 4 more mags for my AK (while I still can).
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Nice!!!!!

I stayed home and watched him say "common sense gun laws for the safety of our children" about 50 times before high-fiving some prop-children and scribbling on a piece of paper to the applause of a room full of sheeple.

In other news, the AR-15 next to me has managed to go yet another day without becoming self-aware and committing acts of violence upon the populace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    I stayed home and watched him say "common sense gun laws for the safety of our children" about 50 times before high-fiving some prop-children and scribbling on a piece of paper to the applause of a room full of sheeple.

In other news, the AR-15 next to me has managed to go yet another day without becoming self-aware and committing acts of violence upon the populace.
    I chose not to watch, just in case he decided that more crocodile tears were in order. I enjoyed my lunch and wanted it to stay down...

Did he remind everyone that he won the election again? It's been at least 24 hours since he reminded all of us, so it's about time for a refresher.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Did he remind everyone that he won the election again? It's been at least 24 hours since he reminded all of us, so it's about time for a refresher.
    Not that I can remember. He did remind us that he knows what we need and that "high-capacity magazine clips" aren't one of those things. Also that "weapons designed for the battlefield should not be on our streets". Good thing my semi-automatic AR-15 wasn't designed for the battlefield, isn't it?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Not that I can remember. He did remind us that he knows what we need and that "high-capacity magazine clips" aren't one of those things. Also that "weapons designed for the battlefield should not be on our streets". Good thing my semi-automatic AR-15 wasn't designed for the battlefield, isn't it?
    I do agree that weapons designed for the battlefield shouldn't be on our streets. They should be in my safe where they belong. Who the heck is going just leave stuff laying around in the street. It might get hit by a car, or some gun-ignorant lib might accidentally pick it up and think it's a pogo stick and... well, you get the picture.
    NRA Life Member

Cotton Candy Political Crap................thanks Uncle Joe.

Distinguished Member
    He did remind us that it's "for the children".
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    I watched two minutes and then changed the channel. I didn't want my three year-old learning some inappropriate words from me.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I'm just surprised that he didn't blame Bush for everything in his speech. ...They'll probably save that line for tomorrow.
    ExactlyMyPoint likes this.

Seemed more like a wedding ceremony to me... it was kind of eerie.

I'll admit, I came to work today expected to become very irritated... for the first time since all this started I'm actually a little at peace today.

Do I agree with everything he said? No.
    Do I agree with some of it? Yes.
    Is my guard up? Yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I'm just surprised that he didn't blame Bush for everything in his speech. ...They'll probably save that line for tomorrow.
    I take care of that for him now!
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I celebrated by spending some quality time in the "reading room".

Wish I could have flushed his speech.
    mhiggi02 likes this.

I liked the part where he said something along the lines of the AR-15 was designed to pump out as many rounds as possible in close quarters. LOL

I keep on hearing on the news that the majority of the people are for Obama's proposal, where are they getting these results from and how many people participated in the poll?

I am sickened by the politicized message. They are saying the Democrats are behind this proposal and that the Republicans are against it...IMHO the democrats are trying to set themselves up for the next election.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links