870 Magpul Stock or Pistol Grip Reduce Recoil Stock

This is a discussion on 870 Magpul Stock or Pistol Grip Reduce Recoil Stock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry if this is repetitive, but I couldn't find a thread comparing a 870 Magpul SGA stock and any Pistol Grip Recoil Stock. I would ...

Sorry if this is repetitive, but I couldn't find a thread comparing a 870 Magpul SGA stock and any Pistol Grip Recoil Stock.

I would love to be able to get my hands on both and compare, but I don't know anyone that has either.

Anyone out there that has experience with both, could you shed some light on the following questions?

1. Recoil Reduction
    2. Ergonomic
    3. Functionality
    4. Personal Pros/Cons
    5. Satisfied with your final decision

Thanks!

Sure, and welcome to the forum. I've had several aftermarket, tacticool, saw-it-on-a-movie 870 stocks from Choate, Hogue, Knox & Magpul. Then I eventually took the time to get some actual, high-end, social shotgun training. The pros, the guys who do it for keeps, the guys who've really spent extended time where it gets tangled and dark...giggle under their breath at "tactical" shotgun stocks. Their personal social shotguns are MUCH more plain & simple than you can imagine. Factory wood stock, Surefire lighted forearm, oversized safety button, no rail, no pistol grip, no red dot, few extended tubes and absolutely no fluff. Save your pennies for a Vang Comp barrel. Your decisions are your own. But these guys surely know more...than me!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links