I have made my decision and got an M1A and I feel awesome! - Page 2

I have made my decision and got an M1A and I feel awesome!

This is a discussion on I have made my decision and got an M1A and I feel awesome! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pics or it didn't happen :)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I have made my decision and got an M1A and I feel awesome!

I have made my decision and got an M1A and I feel awesome!

Pics or it didn't happen :)

Great gun. Excellent choice. I want one too.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    I sincerely had my heart and soul set on acquiring an LWRC REPR 7.62 then I got the M1 bug but told my self man this is gonna be hard to get...

But I went into the toy store and they had one sitting on the rack. KERCHING! Sold...

I walked out today with a brand spanking new Springfield M1A and couldn't be happier.

Now to get some very minor furniture, scope mount, and a nice optic. For now I cant wait until Tuesday when I can let her thunder roar at the range.
    You Lucky Dog.......!!!! I have alway's wanted one......

Lucky you. Enjoy your new rifle.

Enjoy your M1A! They are wonderful rifles and will never be mistaken for a poodle shooter at the range. I do love my SOCOM! Pic included, because it DID happen!
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Yeah I will post a pic on my original post and inline reply here as soon as I can get my cellphone working. I had a bad memory card and none of of my pictures were saving to anywhere. Back from the store with a new memory card. I will post picture in about an hour.

Edit** --- And yes the magazine hunt begins. I would like to acquire about 6 20 rounders. 8 ideally.

Here's a photo...

Sorry for the crappy backdrop. Shot this in my garage and placed it on top of a random box that was just laying out there....

20130121_034946.jpg

Hey for some reason being that this a M1A standard model... why do I appear to have a chrome colored barrel when I look into the breech? Did they by chance possibly put a match grade barrel in here? I did not think that there would be any chrome colored lining or chrome for that matter on the basic barrel setup? Did I luck out? I am going to call Springfield and run my serial no and find out what barrel the put in this model to be sure.
    Last edited by tangoseal; January 21st, 2013 at 04:21 AM.
    gasmitty and bmcgilvray like this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Now that's an inspiring rifle! The best configuration too, at least in one opinion.

Can't say about the chrome barrel. I'd understood that true match grade barrels were not chrome lined. These days that may no longer hold true.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Well im not gonna shoot her until she is MOLY'd first. So I will let you guys know how she fares afterwards.

Any super good quality scope mounts for this gun? I heard to stay away from the SA scope mounts as they are expensive and not that good.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I've also heard that the SA scope mounts are not so hot, having problems staying rigidly tight. Don't have any personal experience with scoped M1As though as I shoot mine with its open sights.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links