AR cost

This is a discussion on AR cost within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is 1250.00 for a new Olympic Arms AR-15 with one 30 magpul a good price or is it feeding the fire ? Thanks...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By palmcoaster
  • 2 Post By Echo_Four
  • 1 Post By aus71383
  • 2 Post By CJM

Thread: AR cost

AR cost

Is 1250.00 for a new Olympic Arms AR-15 with one 30 magpul a good price or is it feeding the fire ? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    That is decent for the times.Price is beginning to creep back down in some areas. That gun normally less than 900.00
    oneshot likes this.

I've seen plenty of used Olympics selling online for that price, sounds close to MSRP and what they were going for around here a couple of months ago.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Shop around. Olympics may be going for that price, but it is too much. You can find better brands in the same range even with the inflated price.
    aus71383 and sammage like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Olympic is probably the worst you could do. I don't know if they still use cast receivers or not. Once upon a time their barrels were considered accurate, and their receivers were considered garbage. The receiver is the part that is serialized. I'd keep looking - especially at that price.

Austin
    sammage likes this.

CJM
    I would rather not have an AR at all than buy an Olympic for that price. Olympic Arms have to be the worst AR's out there. Caveat Emptor fully applies.
    remington79 and sammage like this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Links