Isreali Tavor Bullpup Carbine - Page 2

Isreali Tavor Bullpup Carbine

This is a discussion on Isreali Tavor Bullpup Carbine within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Galil has indeed been criticized for its weight. Probably the only thing "wrong" with it. Remember that in Israel, even the women are drafted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Isreali Tavor Bullpup Carbine

The Galil has indeed been criticized for its weight. Probably the only thing "wrong" with it. Remember that in Israel, even the women are drafted into the service, so their equipment needs are adjusted accordingly.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the Israelis have repeatedly been burned when relying on foreign equipment - if a foreign country decides they don't like what Israel is doing, they can (and have) refused to supply spare parts, etc. Especially the French. (Yeah, I know - big surprise.) I doubt they trust the current Obama administration (again, BIG surprise - not!). So - the impetus is for the Israelis to develop their own weapons industry.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Heck yes! I want one!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

This has potential. Now to find someone that actually has one in stock.

Rock n' Glock,

Don't worry. I just sent Ms. Feinstein a 4 year supply of Depends.

Administrator
    The Galil has indeed been criticized for its weight. Probably the only thing "wrong" with it.~~~>

The Israeli made GALIL begins life with its receiver milled out of a 27 LB solid block of gun steel. It is fully machined into a receiver (of course) but the receiver walls are still quite thick.
    The Steel magazines are extra heavy gauge. The original scope mount was Steel as VS Aluminum and added an additional pound+ ~ The Bi-pod was solid Steel and not tubular. It was/is TOUGH with an integral barbed/razor wire cutter.
    The internals were all over built to eat up desert sand. I don't think there is any rifle that chews up sand and grit better than the GALIL.

I am betting that the TAVOR will eat gritty sand very well also because that has always been a primary concern with the Israeli MIL & I'm certain that priority has not changed. Because the battle environment has not changed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

OMG i want this sooooo bad. forget the m4. i think I'm in love =o) wife will have to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I have had my eye on that one for a long time. Never thought I would see one up close and personal though.
    Now that I know that they will be made in the good ol' U.S. - I will need to start rolling up my pennies.
    Super lightweight, reliable, no muzzle rise, highly ergonomic.
    I love everything about this rifle. Even the Earth color.

I'm with QKShooter on this - I saw it on Futureweapons in 07 and have wanted one ever since. I've followed its attempts to get to the U.S. and now that it will finally be here, you can bet it will be my next rifle purchase.

The Israeli military generally takes its equipment selections pretty seriously. Just ask...the Syrians, the Jordanians and the Egyptians!

I'm all in!
    palmgopher likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links