5.56 ammo

This is a discussion on 5.56 ammo within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know I'm probably beating the dead horse right now, but I cannot find any 5.56 ammo...ANYWHERE, I just got a del ton ar about ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5.56 ammo

5.56 ammo

I know I'm probably beating the dead horse right now, but I cannot find any 5.56 ammo...ANYWHERE, I just got a del ton ar about a month ago and I would love to shoot it, but I can't. Does anyone have any idea where I could find some before it goes out of stock?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I know of some local dealers selling 5.56 and .223 in limited quantities, but I know that doesn't help you. I've spoken to some people that think that general availability will improve by April or May depending on your state and legislation that may be coming. Good luck.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I feel your pain, I have been able to shoot my AR some but not as much as I would like because I can't replenish what I have. I have everything I need to reload my own but I can't find bullets

Anyone know a place with .223 lead in stock?

Cheaper than Dirt has some, but you're going to pay a premium.

Check Ammo Engine daily. Right now, they are pretty much out.
    AmmoEngine: .223 Remington/5.56x45mm, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

I bought my 2K rounds in 2005 for a song and a dance. I only have a Ruger Mini 14 with 15 Hi-Cap mags to shoot them in. Keep checking the web for who gets the next load in. Some lets you get an email for when things come in. Good Luck
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

I feel for you, I have not been shooting my AR as well. I have a good supply but a) dont have any idea when I may be able to replace it b) may need it to sweeten the deal if I have to sell my AR in a pending divorce

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Watch cabelas they have some you can back order, mine came in four weeks.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I check Cabela's, Midway and a few others several times a day if I can. Just recently hit Cabela's and Midway at the right time and got 500 rounds from each of the Independence 5.56 - then a day later was surfing and saw Widener's had 1200 rounds of the same and figured what the heck and bought it too.

What is the difference between....

A) Remington 223 50g Varmint

B) Remington 223 55g FMJ

I see the varmint around but not any of the FMJ. Should I look for the FMJ or settle for the Varmint?

VIP Member
    Varmint ammo will have a fragmentation tip, whereas FMJ is just a solid jacketed round. If you are just looking for general range ammo, I wouldn't spend the money on varmint rounds, but other than the expense, there's no reason you couldn't use them for range fun. If you are looking for a round that might be used to kill anything larger than small game, I wouldn't use varmint ammo at all, because it won't fit the bill for that application.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

You can find 5.56,but it's a ridiculous $1 a round,sometimes slick guns has deals on ammo come up but last I seen it was still like $.60 cents a round
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I feel your pain, I have been able to shoot my AR some but not as much as I would like because I can't replenish what I have. I have everything I need to reload my own but I can't find bullets

Anyone know a place with .223 lead in stock?
    Swage your own 223 bullets from spent 22 brass,this guy has the best prices on not only the press but the dies.you could contact him for the entire cost but it should be under $800 with the press.
    RCE, LLC - Bullet swaging presses

His brother sells dies that can be used in a single stage reloading press,but the kit is $883 without a press
    The 224R kit is the one you need and comes with everything including the lead core mold
    Corbin Feb. 2013 Bullet Swaging Price List
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I just bought 1000 rounds at .65 a round...better than nothing.

link please?

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I guess, it's time to learn how to reload !!! I am thinking 556,9mm,45acp to start with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links