AR-mag’s / Quality-Check

This is a discussion on AR-mag’s / Quality-Check within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by remington79 I've heard good things about Brownell's mags. Right now those are the only AR mags they will let you backorder. And ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AR-mag’s / Quality-Check

Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    I've heard good things about Brownell's mags. Right now those are the only AR mags they will let you backorder. And as with all their stuff they HAVE NOT raised the prices. As for Thermolds go I haven't used them but I have heard that some of them (depends on what ones/generation) can melt a little at the feed lips if the rifle is hot. One of my friends hasn't had any issue with his Thermolds.
    Thanks, i was really interested in what i should look for with these. I have metal Gi mags as well. I doubt i will shoot enough to see melting, especially with ammo as scarce as it is.

2. Remove Ads

My P-Mags have been flawless, per the usual.

I haven't had a chance to mess with my new E-Lander mags yet, but my initial impression has been that they are extremely nice. I was pleasantly surprised when I got them to see how nice they actually are.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Went through all six eLander mags. Each inserts and drops free empty with no issues. With 30 rounds they do not want to seat on a closed bolt, cut back to 28 and no problem. Typical of USGI mags also. They do seem to have very stiff springs which is not a problem, they feed well. Are they better than USGI mags with the green follower? Probably not although they are steel so they probably can take a lot of abuse. With PMag prices out of control (I saw a lot of ten on eBay for 825!) they are a good alternative if you need mags until PMags start flowing again at realistic prices.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Realistic prices for PMAG is $14.99 each. Until then ya'll can have all the $825.00 mags you want.
    remington79 likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links