6.8 spc ammo

6.8 spc ammo

This is a discussion on 6.8 spc ammo within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys! im hopefully about to pick up an ar in 6.8 and cant find ammo anywhere. my question is what do you guys use ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ost911

Thread: 6.8 spc ammo

6.8 spc ammo

Hey guys!

im hopefully about to pick up an ar in 6.8 and cant find ammo anywhere.

my question is what do you guys use at the range? ive herd ssa has great quality 6.8. im not looking for anything special. just anything really. also curious to what the cost was pre panic per box on average. thanks in advanced! ost

VIP Member
    6.8 ammo is not very common during the good times. It's also expensive. I suspect you're up a creek.

I would call Borders gun shop (just outside of Ashland to the north) or I would call Dunlaps in Hurricane. They were the two best shops in the area when I lived down there.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Pre-panic (11/30/12), at the big Phoenix gun show Remington 115 gr 6.8 SPC was going for $148/200 rounds. Too rich for my blood!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Good choice as I perfer the performance of 6.8 over the 5.56, however you'll find 6.8 ammo is not as available as the 7.62 x 39 or 5.56 of course neither of those will do a Whitetail like the 6.8.

I order from SSA's website and SGAmmo.com. I'm looking at taking some of the SSA 140gr to Texas to see how it performs on Hogs.

Silver State Armory, manufacturing 6.8mm SPC Ammunition and bullets and custom brass cases, manufacturer

6.8 SPC | SGAmmo.com

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

6.8 spc ammo

good info i hunt whitetail in wv with a 7mm rem mag id love to use a black rifle tho. i use a muzzleloader in ohio no rifles sadly.

ssa has bulk priced at like 230$ for 250 rds but are out of stock the say very soon it will be back in stock. hopefully if everything goes through with this ar i can grab about 500 rds. then buy dies and start reloading on my buddys dillon 650.

It's difficult to find any ammo these days, including 6.8 SPC. And, 6.8 ammo is certainly more costly than .223/5.56 or 7.62x39 military surplus (when that's available). However, it is priced similarly to other caliber hunting or target ammo. In addition to Silver State Armory (SSA), Hornady, Remington and others, there's a new option coming in the next weeks or months. Federal has announced they are going to produce a couple of 6.8 SPC factory offerings, a 115 gr. FMJ American Eagle round for $14.99 per box of 20 and a 115 gr Federal Fusion hunting load for $22.99 per box of 20.

So, once things settle down a bit, we should have quite a few factory 6.8 SPC ammo selections. Of course many of us have discovered reloading broadens our 6.8 choices significantly.

6.8 spc ammo

Quote Originally Posted by ost911 View Post
    Hey guys!

im hopefully about to pick up an ar in 6.8 and cant find ammo anywhere.

my question is what do you guys use at the range? ive herd ssa has great quality 6.8. im not looking for anything special. just anything really. also curious to what the cost was pre panic per box on average. thanks in advanced! ost
    SSA just add stock to their website!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

You won't find any surplus ammo.

I have a box of very good stuff & a couple of sort mags 15 & 20 I don't have any use for. Up for grabs if your interested PM for particulars. I would have to check on shipping ORD.

6.8 spc ammo

i ordered 250 rds yesterday @ 730 am i got the email woo hoo!

6.8 spc ammo

Quote Originally Posted by ost911 View Post
    i ordered 250 rds yesterday @ 730 am i got the email woo hoo!
    Congrats on the score!

6.8 spc ammo

now i need to go get the rifle!

Did you ever get that rifle ??
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

lol i think you know the answer to that!
    Skygod likes this.

Links