I Almost Bought It

This is a discussion on I Almost Bought It within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I’m posting this here because it is rifle related. Mods, move it if you feel it is best suited under another topics discussion. A Sad ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By zamboni
  • 2 Post By atctimmy
  • 6 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By gregnsc
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: I Almost Bought It

I Almost Bought It

I’m posting this here because it is rifle related. Mods, move it if you feel it is best suited under another topics discussion.

A Sad But True Story:
    This has been bugging me for a few days now and it has to be told.

I said I’d never set-ah-foot inside a Dick’s Sporting Goods store, ever again, because of their new, poor attitude towards what firearms and firearms accessories they will be selling from now on…but I did.

Not by choice though; mind you. A friend wanted to go there because they wanted to get something there…what a muck-luck!

I suggested several alternatives but….nooooooooo ~ gah tah go to Dick----S!! ~ So there we went…under heavy protest mind you!!!

So we went in. While there, the sweet-scent of Hoppe’s #9: Drew me into the hunting department's area.

As I looked up, onto thy gun-rack, displayed up on the wall, there it was.

The one rifle I’d been looking for, for at least, since just before the open of deer season, last Nov, for about 4.75-months now. I started to sweat. OMG THERE IT IS!! I asked the gun-guy to see it. While looking it over my friend strolls up. What are you doing?? Look at this, I say. Shrugs of the shoulders…MEH…I got that!! A jealous voice in my head say: ”You are such <oops = sorry mods restriction's bar its repeating>”!

How much, I ask? On sale for $599.99, he replies. WOW $75.00 less then I has ever seen it any-where’s else. I hear a voice say to myself ~ self…you’ve been looking for this for soooooo looooong…lets gets it!!! ~ Another says, Brooo…were in Dicks, remember what you said? ~ The first voice says, Dude It’s in your grasp… @ $599.99!! = Now I’m really starting too sweat!!

I swallow…take a deep breath…put it down on the counter…and as I reach for my wallet I pause! And as I get a cold chill up my spine I say…………………Thanks for letting me check this out, and I turn and I simply walk, no knee weakly, walk away.

I really do hope someone from Dick’s Sporting Goods is reading this: If So Pass This On To A Supervisor
    I for one am a man of my convictions!

I say what I mean, and mean what I say!!

If Dicks Sporting Goods is going to Goose-Step In-Line and discontinue selling a successful product that they had been selling for a long time, and simply discontinue selling it just because a bunch of Pantyhose say they should, then you can kiss my grits ….. Dick-----’s Sporting Goods CEO!!!

Yes I had been looking for that rifle for a while, YES I waned it real bad. AND YES I COULD HAVE BOUGHT IT AND IT COULD BE STANDING NEXT TO ME AS I TYPE THIS…right now.

If I had bought that firearm no one BUT ME would know what I really think about CEO’s like Dick’s. But I would feel as though I’d Let-Down All of Us; that really love this Country, our 2A Rights, and all of those whom have sacrificed so much to uphold all that it stands for.

So I for one have taken this stand to boycott places like Dick’s Sporting Goods that have bent-over, and I for one Will Not Relent.

I’m guessing that sought after rifle, <and there are several LGStore people I have talked with that can not get it right now> is still there because there are also those of you out there that will not shop at Dick-----s for the same reason’s I will never ever never never EVER shop there again; either!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Good call,but I know it stings

VIP Member
    OK, so what rifle?
    OldVet and msgt/ret like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Being the politically incorrect sort I am I would have drooled over it for a bit then handed it back with the comment “I really want this rifle but in bowing down to the news media and refusing to sell ARs and similar rifles I will buy it somewhere else instead”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    OK, so what rifle?
    Plus one. What rifle?

Awesome tale of man over corporate thugs! Truly, a must read! Please, someone send this to the corporate Dick's.

If i went in Dicks and saw a rifle,i wanted and i had been looking for,and it was 75.00 cheaper,i couldn't sit here and,honestly say,i would leave it there.What i can say is,if i had no intentions of buying from Dicks,then,i wouldn't be in there looking at them,to begin with.Reason being,my will power sucks,lol.
    msgt/ret likes this.

I almost bought "it?" Ahh...pronoun trouble.

Rabbit Seasoning - Pronoun Problem - YouTube

What is "it?"
    shooterX likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

It must be one of these!

Hi-Point Firearms: 9mm Carbines

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    If i went in Dicks and saw a rifle,i wanted and i had been looking for,and it was 75.00 cheaper,i couldn't sit here and,honestly say,i would leave it there.What i can say is,if i had no intentions of buying from Dicks,then,i wouldn't be in there looking at them,to begin with.Reason being,my will power sucks,lol.
    I wouldn't have seen it,because I wouldn't have walked in the door even if they had a 75% off sale.I tend to stand by my principles
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    $75 wouldn't buy back my business either.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Good for you.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I almost bought "it?" Ahh...pronoun trouble.
    Rabbit Seasoning - Pronoun Problem - YouTube
    What is "it?"
    "It".....is something I almost bought

Links