Class III the waiting game!

This is a discussion on Class III the waiting game! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 WELL it got there!!!!!!!! MOVING ON UP MOVING ON UP MOVING ON UPPPPP MOVING ON UP.... Nice. Now the waiting begins! ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Class III the waiting game!

Class III the waiting game!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    WELL it got there!!!!!!!! MOVING ON UP MOVING ON UP MOVING ON UPPPPP MOVING ON UP....

Nice. Now the waiting begins! :(
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    CHECK HAS BEEN CASHED BOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAA

“Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Status update went pending March 26th, 2013.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

I just sent my paperwork in yesterday for an osprey .45. Hopefully I will be able to pick mine up sometime before next year.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Or is this too, internet hype < bouger le monde
    Me thinks you spelled booger wrong. Or is that how the French spell booger?

Mind you now I ain't flippin' it to the French...they gave us French Kisses, French Fries and fugly French cars.

They also gave us that proud Lady at Ellis Island.
    Last edited by NONAME762; June 1st, 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Senior Moment#69
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Me thinks you spelled booger wrong. Or is that how the French spell booger?

Mind you now I ain't flippin' it to the French...they gave us French Kisses, French Fries and fugly French cars.

They also gave us that proud Lady at Ellis Island.
    They also funded our Independents.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

**************UPDATE**************NFA paperwork was sent to the examiner for final approval on July 26, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    They also funded our Independents.
    Who are the Independents?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Not to pick nits, but they are National Firearms Act (NFA) items. The class III is the FFL license (there are 11 classes of FFLs) to sell NFA items (class I is an importer only and moot for sales to individuals because of the 1986 import ban, and class II is Mfg.)

It is a stupid antiquated law. The only thing it did was to prevent poor people from buying suppressors, machine guns, SBRs, SBS, etc., because in 1933 $200 would be like $3,600 today, making the stamp considerably more expensive than the firearm. The only reason that NFA items have become more and more prevalent is because $200 isn't as much of a barrier as it used to be.

Granted, I do not know this for a fact, but I have heard from several knowledgeable LEOs, and an ATF agent that the approval process for personal purchase of NFA items is absolutely no different than the phone check for any other firearm. They just make it take forever as a deterrent because the $200 stamp no longer is one. As that $200 stamp has become more and more affordable because of inflation this has become the largest profit center for the ATF bar none, go figure. I read an article somewhere where a guy totaled up BATF's expenses based on all their buildings and employees, and found they were a total profit center for the Federal Government raking in millions and millions per year, which is probably why it is so populated with cowboys with almost no oversight. They don't want to mess with it because it MAKES money.

Also of note, the Machine Gun act of 1986, did nothing to eliminate the 400,000 registered machine guns in civilian hands, all it did was create an artificial scarcity so that a $400 welded Sten Gun costs $7,000, again not stopping wealthy people from owning whatever they want, but pricing out everyone who can't afford to spend that kind of money on a cheap, welded firearm that has a $3 selector switch.

Hopefully, as CCW has grown the acceptance and familiarity of the general public with firearms, so too will the abundance and demand of NFA items eventually lead to revising the NFA and the 1986 Import and Mfg. prohibition.

Seriously, I want a couple of different fully automatic rifles just for grins, and it is absurd that I have to pay as much for them as for an automobile, when there is nothing mechanically special or expensive about them. The only reason I probably won't get one is because there is a law designed to make them only available to the very wealthy. That is the opposite of equal justice IMO.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Not to pick nits, but they are National Firearms Act (NFA) items. The class III is the FFL license (there are 11 classes of FFLs) to sell NFA items (class I is an importer only and moot for sales to individuals because of the 1986 import ban, and class II is Mfg.)

It is a stupid antiquated law. The only thing it did was to prevent poor people from buying suppressors, machine guns, SBRs, SBS, etc., because in 1933 $200 would be like $3,600 today, making the stamp considerably more expensive than the firearm. The only reason that NFA items have become more and more prevalent is because $200 isn't as much of a barrier as it used to be.

Granted, I do not know this for a fact, but I have heard from several knowledgeable LEOs, and an ATF agent that the approval process for personal purchase of NFA items is absolutely no different than the phone check for any other firearm. They just make it take forever as a deterrent because the $200 stamp no longer is one. As that $200 stamp has become more and more affordable because of inflation this has become the largest profit center for the ATF bar none, go figure. I read an article somewhere where a guy totaled up BATF's expenses based on all their buildings and employees, and found they were a total profit center for the Federal Government raking in millions and millions per year, which is probably why it is so populated with cowboys with almost no oversight. They don't want to mess with it because it MAKES money.

Also of note, the Machine Gun act of 1986, did nothing to eliminate the 400,000 registered machine guns in civilian hands, all it did was create an artificial scarcity so that a $400 welded Sten Gun costs $7,000, again not stopping wealthy people from owning whatever they want, but pricing out everyone who can't afford to spend that kind of money on a cheap, welded firearm that has a $3 selector switch.

Hopefully, as CCW has grown the acceptance and familiarity of the general public with firearms, so too will the abundance and demand of NFA items eventually lead to revising the NFA and the 1986 Import and Mfg. prohibition.

Seriously, I want a couple of different fully automatic rifles just for grins, and it is absurd that I have to pay as much for them as for an automobile, when there is nothing mechanically special or expensive about them. The only reason I probably won't get one is because there is a law designed to make them only available to the very wealthy. That is the opposite of equal justice IMO.
    Not to nit pick either, but did you read any of the posts before your posted that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    **************UPDATE**************NFA paperwork was sent to the examiner for final approval on July 26, 2013.
    Congrats. It seems like things in your region are not taking as long. I'm hearing that dealer to dealer transfers are taking up to 3 months with form 4 transfers pushing 9 months for some people.

TAX DAY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! Got the call, my stamp showed up on the 24th of NOVEMBER….When did I start this thread?

stylus likes this.

Last year mine was right at 6 months as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links