Class III the waiting game!

This is a discussion on Class III the waiting game! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just mailed off my form 4 for my Gemtech G5 QD 5.56 Can. I will resurrect this thread on the re-levant dates to give folks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Class III the waiting game!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Just mailed off my form 4 for my Gemtech G5 QD 5.56 Can.
    I will resurrect this thread on the re-levant dates to give folks an idea of the turn around times at NFA.

2/7/2013
    Form 4, Compliance form, Fingerprints, and Check mailed.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Good for you. I haven't started looking but I will set up an NFA trust before I get ready to purchase. I refuse to let my local Sheriff decide if I can have one or not.
    Skygod, Phaedrus and NONAME762 like this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I will watch intently. I dont even know if any of my local ranges will allow class three. I know my favorite does not

VIP Member
    Sounds good I will also update mine was sent in Jan
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Don't be in a hurry..........................

Maybe around late August or September.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Senior Moderator
    The last dozen or so that I received were right at 6 months.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

6 months is still the norm. My last was oct '11-apr '12

Have a couple in now (since nov) and I've been hearing I'll be good in may.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    I will watch intently. I dont even know if any of my local ranges will allow class three. I know my favorite does not
    Why the hell not? I can understand FA if idiots aren't controlling recoil and hitting the ceiling. But why no cans/SBRs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    6 months is still the norm. My last was oct '11-apr '12

Have a couple in now (since nov) and I've been hearing I'll be good in may.

Why the hell not? I can understand FA if idiots aren't controlling recoil and hitting the ceiling. But why no cans/SBRs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS.... why the hell would a range not allow that? I live in Georgia and every last range I know of lets you use a supressor however I wouldn't want to use a supressor at a range because it is completely MOOT unless you were the only person on the range.

By the way you do know that in applying for an NFA stamp using the method you did the standard form 4 you basically told the Feds they are allowed to raid your property un-announced without warrant and search all of your stuff.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    By the way you do know that in applying for an NFA stamp using the method you did the standard form 4 you basically told the Feds they are allowed to raid your property un-announced without warrant and search all of your stuff
    Wrong.

Another internet myth.

The Feds would need a search warrant as would any other LEA. You do not forfeit any rights by getting any NFA article.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well, I sent the paperwork for my Glock-19 Suppressor during the first week of Sept '12...nothing as of yet...into the 6th month now.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Seems someone mentioned somewhere`s in passing that if they...whom ever they are revise the BGC`s on firearms purchases into what, again they, want too, that it will put the new an "em-proved" system`s, "BGC`s", inline and comprise them into what you under go now when applying for a C-III License?

So in theory you could then buy and walkout with say....a compressor the same-day, as you can with any common firearms now, as long as you have a CCWL?

Or is this too, internet hype < bouger le monde

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Seems someone mentioned somewhere`s in passing that if they...whom ever they are revise the BGC`s on firearms purchases into what, again they, want too, that it will put the new an "em-proved" system`s, "BGC`s", inline and comprise them into what you under go now when applying for a C-III License?

So in theory you could then buy and walkout with say....a compressor the same-day, as you can with any common firearms now, as long as you have a CCWL?

Im not sure what you mean... are you asking for instance... in GA we have a Georgia Firearms license and we do not have to go through a NICS background check as we are already trusted by the state.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

WELL it got there!!!!!!!! MOVING ON UP MOVING ON UP MOVING ON UPPPPP MOVING ON UP....

“Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post

One does not apply for a license, one applies for a Tax stamp! My understand this falls under the NFA Act of 1934, it would take an act of congress to get this process changed.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Wrong.

Another internet myth.

The Feds would need a search warrant as would any other LEA. You do not forfeit any rights by getting any NFA article.
    Hotguns is correct!!!! Also they are to busy selling trying to track illegal guns to Mexico, what makes you think they really want to waste time researching Law Abiding citizens who go out of their way to provide personal info and in some cases fingerprints to them. They have bigger fish to fry, then lonely Hotguns, or Rob99vmi04 who just want to go out and kill paper quietly, and maybe shoot a few deer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links