Defensive Carry banner

New AR Olympic

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  atctimmy 
#1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Airsoft

My new Olympic Ar in 7.62 x 39. I have had this thing on lay away for a few months to finally get to shoot it. What happened? malfunctions from the beginning. I was so upset and used quality ammo, kept not wanting to feed from the mag. Winchester white box. Brass not steel. I am ok if it does not like cheap ammo. Expectations are ok , but after that we have serious problems.I hope this is a simple fix. i do not own any other AR's and will give this a little time and effort. I do not own guns very long that do not go bang. Encouragement needed. :scratchchin::scratchchin:

See less See more
#5 ·
the one they sent with it was all i had. I have not been able to find another one.

#11 ·
WOW!! What a kind thing to do. thank you

#7 ·
I believe "sturmgewehr" (militaryarmschannel) has recently posted a vid/review of a device, attachment, or doodad that is supposed to assist in this matter. I'm trying to find the vid, but can't remember if it was on this forum or another.

dan

EDIT:
wrong gizmo, wrong caliber. Please pay no mind to the gentleman behind my keyboard. He is obviously not suited to assist. Look away, look away.
Sorry, disregard.
My bad.

dan

#8 ·
Sorry to say my friend Olympic uses low quality parts and ARs in that caliber tend to have issues due to the taper of the cartridge among other things. Try and sell it while people are still clamping for black rifles. Get an AR in 5.56 from a company like Colt, RRA, BCM, LMT, S&W or even CMMG or DTI. You will be infinitely better served.

#9 ·
OK, here is my idea:

When able you should get an upper made for 5.56. I'm thinking this should just bolt onto the old lower.

Then after the panic and when things aren't so hot look into one of these lowers:

Rock River Arms: RRA LAR-47 7.62x39mm

Anyone have a reason why this wouldn't work? The other option is to sell it outright and look for something else. Now is a great time to sell.

#10 ·
Mine fed alright with the 10 round mags,but I had a lug broke off the bolt,I ended up buying a new mid length barrel in 5.56 for a Mid length piston kit I had and switched the 7.62x39 upper over to a piston 5.56.I believe mine started out as a Model 1 sales 7.62x39 rifle kit about 6 years ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.