AR Surprise....

This is a discussion on AR Surprise.... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shootout caught on camera at tax preparation service in Inkster MI, they brought hand guns to a AR fight... Shootout at Inkster tax preparation business ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: AR Surprise....

Thumbs up AR Surprise....

Shootout caught on camera at tax preparation service in Inkster MI, they brought hand guns to a AR fight...

Shootout at Inkster tax preparation business caught on camera - Fox 2 News Headlines
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure those bay guys are changing their undies after they encountered the guard with the AR.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

But.....but.....but......Piers Morgan says and I quote "Why does anyone NEED an AR-15 Assault Rifle?"

Well the fact remains that sometimes we DO need them. They merely are tools to be used to do exactly what was done here and that would be for thwarting a robbery and protecting the victims from getting shot and killed by the bad guys. It's a fairly simple concept that remains lost upon the Anti Gun crowd, they can't imagine any use other than a "mass shooting" for an "assault rifle."

The fact still stands however that they can and are employed to do exactly what we say they are for. Personal protection.
    niks, Secret Spuk, RickyD and 5 others like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    But.....but.....but......Piers Morgan says and I quote "Why does anyone NEED an AR-15 Assault Rifle?"

He also always badgers his guests to "Name one time someone used an assault rifle to defend themselves" I know this is one of many. Maybe there is a compiled list to send him.
    JoJoGunn and Secret Spuk like this.

This was some fast, violent work. It gives you an ideal of how much time you have to bring a weapon to bear on the bad guys.
    JoJoGunn and Drgnfly like this.

Unless they knew there was some cash in the store, these two are real morons. It was an office with probably little money, not like a bank or retail establishment.

It also shows in the heat of battle, since neither seemed to be hit, I'd rather have more ammo than less.
    BelaOkmyx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    This was some fast, violent work. It gives you an ideal of how much time you have to bring a weapon to bear on the bad guys.
    Typical Gunfight
    1-2 Bullets
    2-3 Seconds
    3-5 aggressors
    Low Light Conditions

This one matched that profile fairly closely.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

IMHO my Mossberg 930 Semi Auto shotgun would have been a better defensive weapon in that situation 9 pellets 0f 00 buck at 10 to 12 eet would have been impressive even if you shot thru a wall
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    Quick and violent.

Thats usally the way it is.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Too bad he missed...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

After seeing that, I like my AR better and better...
    Drgnfly likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    I am surprised the security guard missed. I don't know if I would shot thru a wall ( but I have never been in that situation). A shot gun in the hands of a security guard would not have worked either because he may have shot the owner or secretary. That is my arguement to Biden about shot guns vs ARs.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member
    An another lesson here:
    The security guard shot twice, once through a doorway and a round directly through a wall.
    Hiding on the other side of a wall isn't going to be any help if they know you are there. Rounds easily penetrate (hence all of the discussion about what to use in shotguns too) sheet rock.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Interesting video. The two perps are indeed idiots! Tax offices do NOT generally have much money. I worked for a tax service for four years to make a few extra bucks. We had very little money in the office. When the owner sold the business to a younger woman, who actually started doing tax work there when I did, I discussed my carrying at work with her. I had carried the previous year, and nobody knew. I discussed it with the new owner, and she wasn't happy, as she has an irrational fear of guns. She did not say I couldn't carry, but it was clear she was not comfortable with the idea. So I did the "honorable" thing, and quit. I worked late afternoons and evenings, and closed the office at night. Even though we did not have a lot of money, I was apprehensive of idiots like the ones in this video! Our office was only a few blocks from a low income "project" and was a mile or so from two different stop-and-robs which had been held up numerous times, so I was NOT comfortable working unarmed. Rather than do so, I quit! I should send a link to this video to my former employer. Might make her think twice. Her attitude was "you can have 911 on speed dial. You don't need a gun."
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member
    I would have expected better performance from an armed security guard. The office obviously had something to protect or the guard would not have been there. Heat of battle I guess. He did get a couple of rounds off. Prime example of when seconds count---
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links