Avoid the Diamondback DB-15

This is a discussion on Avoid the Diamondback DB-15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked up a Diamondback DB-15 FDE in December right before it got really insane. A couple weeks later I received a set of Troy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Avoid the Diamondback DB-15

Avoid the Diamondback DB-15

I picked up a Diamondback DB-15 FDE in December right before it got really insane. A couple weeks later I received a set of Troy Battle Sights. The rear sight went on without a hitch, but mounting the front sight I noticed something was off ...

zAbI7gJ.jpg

It was obvious that the front Picatinny rail wasn't machined right, but I wanted to at least shoot my new gun. I ran a few rounds through it, and had to crank the rear sight way over to the right to zero it.

So at this point I contacted their customer service dept. I sent them pictures, they sent a shipping label. I thought, "great, they'll just screw on a new hand guard and I'll be good." Two weeks later, after hearing nothing from them, after trying to contact them to at least verify they received it, my AR-15 is delivered via UPS, no signature required, dropped off on my door step. I'm glad nobody wondered what that gun shaped box on my door step was.

I was still optimistic, but that faded the minute I tried to align the front sight. It would appear that the only change they made was to take out the chamber clear indicator I sent with the gun and throw it away. The front rail is still completely off. Guess I'll go ahead and sell it to someone who doesn't use iron sights and hope I can get my hands on a Colt before anything gets banned.

TL/DR: The front Picatinny rail on my Diamondback DB-15 FDE is machined incorrectly and therefore it's impossible to mount the front sight properly. Mailed it to them, got it back 2 weeks later exactly the same.
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

You could try to get a different forend installed on the rifle. I'm no expert on the issue but it could just be the forend that is machined incorrectly. Hopefully the picatinny rail on the upper receiver is machined correctly. Maybe some of the more experienced members on the form (with regard to rifles) will have a better recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    You could try to get a different forend installed on the rifle. I'm no expert on the issue but it could just be the forend that is machined incorrectly. Hopefully the picatinny rail on the upper receiver is machined correctly. Maybe some of the more experienced members on the form (with regard to rifles) will have a better recommendation.
    Yes, I could. My point is, I shouldn't have to. It should have been done right the first time. Barring that, it should have been fixed when I sent it back. I shouldn't have to fix a gun the manufacturer failed to construct properly on their own.
    crossfireltd and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeFalling View Post
    Yes, I could. My point is, I shouldn't have to. It should have been done right the first time. Barring that, it should have been fixed when I sent it back. I shouldn't have to fix a gun the manufacturer failed to construct properly on their own.
    True. But now you do have to fix it. A new rail should be just the ticket. Good luck.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Lead Moderator
    While you shouldn't have to , you may be able to find who makes the rail and contact them .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I don't have rails on my stuff so the picture does not help me on this. You don't say so I have to ask, are you certain the issue is with the rail and not the front sight?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I don't have rails on my stuff so the picture does not help me on this. You don't say so I have to ask, are you certain the issue is with the rail and not the front sight?
    Good question. Yes, I'm sure. The sight fits perfectly on the upper receiver rail. The hand guard rail simply isn't machined correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFalling View Post
    Good question. Yes, I'm sure. The sight fits perfectly on the upper receiver rail. The hand guard rail simply isn't machined correctly.
    Thanks. All I could tell was something was not right. But I had no clue how to tell which was the problem.
    darbo likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I would avoid all diamondback products.... I looked at their DB9 and everyone had the same problem.... pins working out when shooting. I generally try to avoid having a gun fall apart in my hands while firing it. They just dont have the quality to make their product worth my money. YMMV.....
    Smitty901 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I bought a the DB380 when they first hit the market, big mistake, worthless gun and a worthless customer service. Nuff said.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

BAC
    That looks like a Troy TRX rail. Give Troy a call and/or email them a few pictures. In my experience, their customer service has been great. They may want you to send it out again if you don't have the tools to replace the rail yourself; Troy rails are not exactly "user replaceable" for most people.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Distinguished Member
    I learned already to avoid all the questionable manufacturers, diamondback being one of them.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Gee, the Diamondback I saw at the gun show today, looked fine.

Kilowatt3 and 5lima30ret like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    That looks like a Troy TRX rail. Give Troy a call and/or email them a few pictures. In my experience, their customer service has been great. They may want you to send it out again if you don't have the tools to replace the rail yourself; Troy rails are not exactly "user replaceable" for most people.
    I wish it were. Unfortunately it's a rail that Diamondback machines in their facilities. I'll probably replace it with a Troy rail though.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Gee, the Diamondback I saw at the gun show today, looked fine.

Dont know when that was made but I am pretty sure they dont make them anymore.... and we are referring to the semi auto garbage they produce today. Read any review and it probably wont be a good one. YMMV
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links