If we did what Joe says, we end up in jail or dead

This is a discussion on If we did what Joe says, we end up in jail or dead within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://video.foxnews.com/v/217893176...tcmp=obnetwork If we discharge a firearm outside our house as Joe teaches us, several things would happen: 1. We fired a warning shot. I think ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: If we did what Joe says, we end up in jail or dead

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

http://video.foxnews.com/v/217893176...tcmp=obnetwork

If we discharge a firearm outside our house as Joe teaches us, several things would happen:

1. We fired a warning shot. I think this has been discussed ad infinitum here
    2. Now we have an unloaded shotgun and need to reload. Did she bring spare ammo with her?
    3. We put ourselves in harms way instead of taking cover

Joe, you know nothing about self defense. I hope the Secret Service knows a bit more.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

THAT'S IT, I'M CHANGING MY NAME!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

What good do warning shots do. Joe gave us plenty of "warning shots" and he is still here.
    sniper58 likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Just another example of his shooting off his mouth without thinking. He thinks he is helping the cause and those that don't know any better just go "Wow Joe! Brilliant! You are so right!" then they turn on their reality tv show to kill more brain cells.

GH
    Since he mentioned the shotgun as the ultimate self defense weapon & he's the Vice President I'm going to sell everything else & get a double barrel. Look out world - I'm finally protected. All I gotta do is blast two rounds from the porch & I'm safe. Wait - I don't have a porch!

(Anybody know Wisconsin's law on carrying a long gun? I know it's illegal to conceal it.)
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Since he mentioned the shotgun as the ultimate self defense weapon & he's the Vice President I'm going to sell everything else & get a double barrel. Look out world - I'm finally protected. All I gotta do is blast two rounds from the porch & I'm safe. Wait - I don't have a porch!

(Anybody know Wisconsin's law on carrying a long gun? I know it's illegal to conceal it.)
    Its probably also illegal to fire it from your porch unless you are immediately threatened with grave bodily injury or death.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Joe missed a step. You should cycle the action on your pump shotgun to scare the folks away.....works every time right?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Joe missed a step. You should cycle the action on your pump shotgun to scare the folks away.....works every time right?
    I don't know, 'pump shotgun' sounds kinda tactical, and not the thing responsible citizens would need for killing deer. I'm going to stick to posting "gun free zone" signs for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Joe thinks that cycling the action on your double-barrel will scare the bad guys away.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

One more example of Joe showing everyone how much of an idiot he really is! Does he think everyone lives on a "country estate" where it would be legal to fire a weapon? How about all the people in towns and cities who would get arrested for discharging a weapon within the city limits? Let alone the "damage" of stray buckshot to neighbors property! Let alone all the other reasons what he said is totally stupid! Every time he exercises his First Amendment right, he inserts his foot in his mouth and lets the world know they are a "heartbeat away" from a true idiot in the White House! Actually, the things he says are so stupid, it probably helps the pro-gun cause with any intelligent individuals who may still be sitting on the fence and undecided!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this on TV. Warning shots lol Why wouldn't he just advise us to yell out the window. " Hey we have a gun in hear please do not come in"

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    As gun owners, I have a feeling that's what he wants...

VIP Member
    Laugh him off as you like, but Joe is doing his best to make his defensive strategies the law of the land. He made four phone calls to fence-sitting representatives in the Colorado legislature, and the next thing you know...
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Is it a requirement that vice presidents must not now how to safely use a shotgun?
    Nmuskier likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The sad part of this statement is, somebody will actually take him for his word and actually fire warning shots in the air. So now the cops show up and arrest the "law abiding" citizen who is a moron for believing this anyway. Unfortunately, "because Joe said so" isnt a defense in court and the citizen will be punished for another stupid statement from our Vice President. <head shaking>

I'm tellin' you people, this country is going to hell in a handbasket.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links