Mini-14 Price Before The Craze

This is a discussion on Mini-14 Price Before The Craze within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Currently at a local auction there is a Ruger Mini-14 with a muzzelit bullpup stock for sale. I would love to place a bid but ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By atctimmy

Thread: Mini-14 Price Before The Craze

Currently at a local auction there is a Ruger Mini-14 with a muzzelit bullpup stock for sale. I would love to place a bid but I'm having a hard time finding what one could have expected to pay before "assault rifles" grew a ridiculous premium. I only ask because I'd rather not buy into the overpaying of such rifles. Currently the bid is around the 500 dollar mark. There is no magazine included. I plan on going to the auction house and doing an inspection before bidding. What would you all see as a reasonable price to pay?

VIP Member
    $650-700 new before the panic.
    moonraker and msgt/ret like this.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    ^ What Timmy said
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Thanks! I'll keep this in mind.

Agreed on the price posted. I believe you can look up previous sales on gunbroker as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Same prices I have seen around here with the rare pre-ban folding stock models fetching $1200-$1300.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

i was able to get one for about 660 new. wood or synthetic stock before the incident

I bought a new Mini-14 ranch carbine with a five round magazine in early December for $583. That includes tax and the $10 for the background check. I also ordered and received three 30 round magazines direct from Ruger.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Just dump the POS bullpup stock and put it back in a factory stock. Or find a Choate.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Determine what series of manufacture it is before you buy. Some of the early ones had accuracy issues.

When I bought my stag ar about 2 years ago the mini 14s were hovering around the same price at my lgs for right at $700 to $800. I got my stag for $800 even that day. Havent seen what there goin for now. Probably up to about $1200 to $1500 Im guessin.

I reallyyyy want a Mini 14... just not willing to pay these the prices I've seen.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
    Currently at a local auction there is a Ruger Mini-14 with a muzzelit bullpup stock for sale. I would love to place a bid but I'm having a hard time finding what one could have expected to pay before "assault rifles" grew a ridiculous premium. I only ask because I'd rather not buy into the overpaying of such rifles. Currently the bid is around the 500 dollar mark. There is no magazine included. I plan on going to the auction house and doing an inspection before bidding. What would you all see as a reasonable price to pay?
    Dunno if the auction's over yet, but...

What's the "pre-panic" price got to do with it? Decide how much you're willing to pay, and bid up to that point. If you're only willing to pay "pre-panic" prices, you're wasting your time, so why bid at all? Just sayin'.

FWIW - I bought my 2nd Mini-14 during the panic just prior to the AWB in '94. Paid almost $500 for it. Kinda stung at the time, but I'm very glad I did.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Determine what series of manufacture it is before you buy. Some of the early ones had accuracy issues.
    Yes. I bought a used one a few years ago that was a dog in all respects and I was told by a local gunsmith that it was a 180 series and replacement parts were not interchangeable with later versions. I dumped it.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links