First Shots with the new US Tavor rifle

This is a discussion on First Shots with the new US Tavor rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MilitaryArms
  • 1 Post By C hawk Glock

Thread: First Shots with the new US Tavor rifle

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

NMB likes this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Sponsor
    Thanks for posting! This is on my list!

Do they have an estimated public release date?

I like the simple and elegant solution to keeping brass out of your face when fired off the left shoulder. Much better than forward eject tubes, which I always wondered about possibly getting plugged or clogged with debris.

Seems like they might have finally gotten the bullpup configuration "right" - but I'll wait for your full review.

Only remaining concern is the price - I'm guessing they will go for over full retail price with the current madness. Too rich for my blood. Even at retail price, you have to weigh buying one of these rifles...or equipping your entire family with lever guns. As good as this (or any semi auto) might be, a squad with repeaters beats a lone individual with a semi auto...and that is something to consider.

Nice video as always!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Thanks for posting! This is on my list!

Do they have an estimated public release date?
    According to Facebook as well as my hometown LGS (Harrisburg, Pa is where IWI US is based), their first batch of rifles is due to release pretty soon.

As for price, a guy was putting a deposit down on his Tavor the other day when I was arranging some work on my 1911. The man paid $350 for his deposit, and store policy is a 33% deposit for purchases, so I'd have to guess somewhere right around $1100.

This is all just stuff I've heard and put together on my own. I'm not sure if any of what I said is actually true.

I LOVE THIS CARBINE!!! I was looking at an Israeli armaments site last week. This rifle was shown as well as their new MBT. Anywho I've loved Bullpups ever since the 1st time I saw a Steyr Aug. I have 2 10-22s setup as Bullpups. They are quick on target and great in tight environments. Also the fact that it takes 3 30R magazines from different manufactures instead of bogus proprietary mags is another plus.

The only problem is I'm just not in the market for a center fire MBR at this time. Great post tho MAC.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I like the simple and elegant solution to keeping brass out of your face when fired off the left shoulder. Much better than forward eject tubes, which I always wondered about possibly getting plugged or clogged with debris.

Seems like they might have finally gotten the bullpup configuration "right" - but I'll wait for your full review.

Only remaining concern is the price - I'm guessing they will go for over full retail price with the current madness. Too rich for my blood. Even at retail price, you have to weigh buying one of these rifles...or equipping your entire family with lever guns. As good as this (or any semi auto) might be, a squad with repeaters beats a lone individual with a semi auto...and that is something to consider.

Nice video as always!
    Don't worry Ruger will copy it real soon for you! They will be sure to have a lower price point to go along with the massive safety warnings and crappier trigger.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've heard that they are releasing this in a 9mm version as well. Anyone have an idea if that will use a platform proprietary magazine?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Outstanding! Too high a price point for me unless I win the lotto or something.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    That's pretty cool. I'd like to have a bullpup-style rifle. Looking forward to the review!
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Nice video, I look forward to the full review and bullpup comparo.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

man thats an awesome looking gun. If only money grew on trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've heard that they are releasing this in a 9mm version as well. Anyone have an idea if that will use a platform proprietary magazine?
    I'm not sure, but from what I've read online the 9mm is a conversion kit that uses UZI mags. (Just what I've read.)

Sponsored Links