Still searching for Semi-Auto Shotgun. Mossberg 590SPX

This is a discussion on Still searching for Semi-Auto Shotgun. Mossberg 590SPX within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, since I last posted about Linberta Semi-Auto the kind folk at Defensive steered me clear of a potential disaster. Now I am looking at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, since I last posted about Linberta Semi-Auto the kind folk at Defensive steered me clear of a potential disaster. Now I am looking at the Mossberg 930SPX Semi-Auto.

Are there any Members at this site that have this or could give me their opinion on this particular Model?

I want to use it for Target practice, Skeet shooting and in case, Zombie Apocalypse, lol.

Once again, thanks for your help and my thread title has wrong model number. The model I am currently looking into is 930spx not 530, sorry.

Frado

By the way, I already own a Mossberg 500 and it is a SWEET PUMP ACTION indeed. I just want to go Semi-Auto now...

VIP Member
    I've had a 930 (not SPX) for about 4 years and I like it. It works just fine.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Got a 930,got the combo package that came with an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel for HD,and a 28" ported barrel with screw in choke tubes for hunting etc.It's been a great gun and the whole package was under $500
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow, where did you pick up mossberg for that price and when?

Thanks frado

Thanks for the mossberg website. It gives some very good reviews of 930.

Frado

Thanks

I have an 930 combo with an accu-choke barrel and a rifled barrel. I've not used the rifled barrel but I've gotten a lot of use out of the choked barrel for shooting clays. It hasn't given me any problems. I've used a friend's SPX, it is also a nice gun for home defense. For clay shooting it isn't quite as good because it doesn't support the use of chokes. So you have no flexibility in selecting a pattern. The SPX comes with a pretty incredible shot capacity.

My plan was to get a regular 930 and then get a Nordic extension tube to increase the capacity up to SPX levels. I never actually did that because 4+1 seemed to be enough, and add on tube makes cleaning more difficult.

The only thing I don't like about the 930 series is I have to use a bit of finesses loading the mag tube, otherwise the lifter tends to bite my finger a bit. It isn't bad, just mildly annoying.

I dont have a 930, but I have owned numerous Mossy 500's in various configurations ove rthe years and their reliability has been outstanding. I would not hesitate to buy a 930
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Thanks for this website and I am now a Mossberg Member there. Great group of individuals like at Defense...

Finding a 930 is like looking for a needle in a HayStack. Every Where I go, OUT! When the time is right it will happen though...

I like the 930 SPX but don't need the super tall front sight and ghost ring/rail rear. Home Security with an extension or the JM Pro look like winners to me.

My friend has the 930SPX and I like it. It does a great job cycling high brass and low brass shells very effectively. I'm in the market as well and I keep looking for alternatives because I dislike the Mossberg safety position, but I keep coming back to the 930SPX for what I read about reliability. I think you'll be quite happy.

Thanks and I am looking high and low for Mossberg 930 and eventually I will get my hands on one. Good luck with your purchase

Or just get the best, benelli m4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links