Just Bought an AR-15!

Just Bought an AR-15!

This is a discussion on Just Bought an AR-15! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I woke up today, and decided that I was going to go to Mecca. When I pulled in the driveway of Cabellas, I couldn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Just Bought an AR-15!

Just Bought an AR-15!

So I woke up today, and decided that I was going to go to Mecca. When I pulled in the driveway of Cabellas, I couldn't help but smile. It just seemed like a special day. Then, I found out they had no 9mm, no primers, no XDSC9mm for the wife, etc. The shine began to disappear,

Then I remembered that off in the corner, were these things up on the wall. They were all black, and looked all mean and scary. I swallowed my fear that one of them would jump down and all by itself, chase around the store trying to shoot at me. I took some relief in knowing that at least it couldn't reload itself since there was no .223 or 5.25 (EDIT: or even 5.56 )in the store.

A long story short, and after a short phonecall to the wife, Here's what I bought! The rifle is a Windham MPC with the Diamond head flip up rear sight. The entire purchase (including scope and second mag) came to just over $1300.00, but that included 10.3 percent tax The scope is a StrikeFire Red/Green dot scope. Overall, I figured I probably paid about $150-$200 for the AR-15 hype, and another $50.00 for a brick and mortar store instead of buying it through an Arizona online dealer. But I'm willing to live with that.

20130304_164025.jpg

20130304_164031.jpg

20130304_164205.jpg

No Number.jpg

Sadly, just after this picture was taken, I took it out to shoot along with all my other pistols and shotguns. I went around a corner and my back door flew open and every last firearm I own slide out, across the road, and into a pond that I don't dare enter. So I know longer own this, or any of my other weapons either. Sad. So very sad.
    Last edited by Jemsaal; March 4th, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss! You are probably better off with out them evil things.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Welcome to the club.

I was going to recommend that you have a wonderful time, focusing on becoming proficient with it, but I see I'm too late.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
    atctimmy likes this.

Well hopefully you were able to enjoy it while you had it, but those things do have a mind of their own.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

That loss is horrible! So sorry to hear that. I lost all my guns out the back of my truck somewhere into the Puget Sound in the Edmonds/Seattle/Tacoma area on my last trip over there that direction. I would have gone diving for them, but goodness, I am not sure where on the ferry they jumped overboard. Those evil guns just can't stay put! They must have just jumped out of the truck and overboard on their own!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Congrats.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Nice! Finding AR-15s seem to be getting a bit easier these days. Now, if only I could find some 5.56/.223!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Just Bought an AR-15!

Well if you would have locked the child safety locks, they would not have been able to get that stupid door to open and jump out like that.

This might explain the lack of guns on the shelf while I am at the same time reading gun ownership is down. People are buying them, then they escape, people buy more, they also escape and so on. This must be what those little locks are that come with the guns.

When I take my 'ugly black' out for a walk, she is always in a child seat....

Man, you got to get her out of the pond!!! I will say a prayer...

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Just Bought an AR-15!

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    So I woke up today, and decided that I was going to go to Mecca. When I pulled in the driveway of Cabellas, I couldn't help but smile. It just seemed like a special day. Then, I found out they had no 9mm, no primers, no XDSC9mm for the wife, etc. The shine began to disappear,

Then I remembered that off in the corner, were these things up on the wall. They were all black, and looked all mean and scary. I swallowed my fear that one of them would jump down and all by itself, chase around the store trying to shoot at me. I took some relief in knowing that at least it couldn't reload itself since there was no .223 or 5.25 in the store.

A long story short, and after a short phonecall to the wife, Here's what I bought! The rifle is a Windham MPC with the Diamond head flip up rear sight. The entire purchase (including scope and second mag) came to just over $1300.00, but that included 10.3 percent tax The scope is a StrikeFire Red/Green dot scope. Overall, I figured I probably paid about $150-$200 for the AR-15 hype, and another $50.00 for a brick and mortar store instead of buying it through an Arizona online dealer. But I'm willing to live with that.

20130304_164025.jpg

20130304_164031.jpg

20130304_164205.jpg

No Number.jpg

Sadly, just after this picture was taken, I took it out to shoot along with all my other pistols and shotguns. I went around a corner and my back door flew open and every last firearm I own slide out, across the road, and into a pond that I don't dare enter. So I know longer own this, or any of my other weapons either. Sad. So very sad.
    Tragic - in NY, I can only look at photos.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post

Then I remembered that off in the corner, were these things up on the wall. They were all black, and looked all mean and scary. I swallowed my fear that one of them would jump down and all by itself, chase around the store trying to shoot at me. I took some relief in knowing that at least it couldn't reload itself since there was no .223 or 5.25 in the store.

20130304_164025.jpg

20130304_164031.jpg

20130304_164205.jpg

No Number.jpg

Could you PM the coordinates of that pond. I promise to give back everything i find except for this particular black one.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Just Bought an AR-15!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member
    certified master diver will work for guns. certified client diver confidentiality.
    mprp and DontTreadOnI like this.

I too have suffered a similar loss and judging by the many stories I have read with tragic endings resulting in the loss of many firearms we are not alone.
    Hopefully you can take some comfort in that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityChief View Post
    Tragic - in NY, I can only look at photos.
    not on school grounds you can't...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links