No More Magpul for Me

This is a discussion on No More Magpul for Me within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Magpul has really disappointed a number of us and those in the industry this week. Fitzpatrick seems like a good dude, but like Armalite, is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: No More Magpul for Me

No More Magpul for Me

Magpul has really disappointed a number of us and those in the industry this week. Fitzpatrick seems like a good dude, but like Armalite, is going against what over 100 other companies are doing to fight the bans.

Personally, the Magpul gear is coming off of my rifles, what little I still use, and while I'll continue to use my PMAGs until they break or are replaced, from now on I'll be buying GI mags with tan followers.

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

Some people will do anything for money.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Re: No More Magpul for Me

They're probably obligated contractually to sell to LEOs and whatnot.

That's one of the main reasons that I supported them in the first place. I guess I will unlike their Facebook page. That's sad that they may have done this to get their name mentioned in the news. Lets see how this effects their public image. Guess its all about the $$$$$$$

Yes, indeed. The last thing they want to do is hurt those who support “our” cause. Apparently, to Magpul, that means supporting those who will enforce unconstitutional restrictions on our Second Amendment rights.
    That's a home run right there folks.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Magpul reverses their policy, Ends LEO sales in ban states - on March 1. "update" on the top of your link.
    carracer and rigel42 like this.

I'm glad I got sidetracked and then forgot to place my order with them. Somebody else will be getting my business.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MountainAir View Post
    Magpul reverses their policy, Ends LEO sales in ban states - on March 1. "update" on the top of your link.
    Makes no difference to me, still won't be spending my money with them because of their original stance in the article.
    Taurahe and MasterGadgets like this.

I wonder if they're still gonna move out of CO since a bunch of the new gun laws got passed there. Or are they gonna back out on that one.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MountainAir View Post
    - Text below.
    Magpul Industries Corp.
    March 1

REGARDING LEO SALES
    March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO - Founder
    Magpul Industries

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Makes no difference to me, still won't be spending my money with them because of their original stance in the article.
    - I would put more stock in them if they make good on their word and leave Colorado if legislation passes.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by jaxjag View Post
    No they are not.

As for the revision..... My mistake. I saved this article some time back and just copy and pasted the link after a thread on SOCNET reminded me of it. Still, I'm not sure how to feel about that one.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jaxjag View Post
    Companies truly putting their money where their mouths are could easily be renewing such contracts only where the contractual lingo includes statements that ensure adherence to the 2A/14A with respect to citizens' rights to keep and bear arms in their states, and where any such failure to do so makes such contracts are null and void. If all companies did such a thing, I'd bet the liberty-haters would begin to think twice once the teat began to run dry.

I highly doubt many will be doing such a thing, but it is within their ability to close the door on such unconstitutional crap in such a way. It's only gotten so bad due to our complicity, by allowing it to happen. And it'll continue, so long as we keep being complicit.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Companies truly putting their money where their mouths are could easily be renewing such contracts only where the contractual lingo includes statements that ensure adherence to the 2A/14A with respect to citizens' rights to keep and bear arms in their states, and where any such failure to do so makes such contracts are null and void. If all companies did such a thing, I'd bet the liberty-haters would begin to think twice once the teat began to run dry.

I highly doubt many will be doing such a thing, but it is within their ability to close the door on such unconstitutional crap in such a way. It's only gotten so bad due to our complicity, by allowing it to happen. And it'll continue, so long as we keep being complicit.
    I agree it's a good idea, but could you see the uproar on the left about "Big Business" and "Military Industrial Complex" controlling our government? It'd be a hissy fit like we've never seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    I agree it's a good idea, but could you see the uproar on the left about "Big Business" and "Military Industrial Complex" controlling our government? It'd be a hissy fit like we've never seen!
    Damn right. There should be. It is, quite simply, about our People's security, in each of the several states.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I say as long as their stance is right now (no sales to LE in anti-2A states) then support them. I see no point whatsoever of boycotting a company for not doing what you want, then continuing to boycott them when they come around. Isn't the whole point to get them to do the right thing? So once they do the right thing, why would you not vote for such with your dollars?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links