Here are the pics

Here are the pics

This is a discussion on Here are the pics within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got the Maverick back from the gunsmith (had the 28" barrel cut down to a 19") 20130311_210048.jpg 20130311_210206.jpg And for those of you who remember, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrBuckwheat

Thread: Here are the pics

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Here are the pics

Got the Maverick back from the gunsmith (had the 28" barrel cut down to a 19")

20130311_210048.jpg

20130311_210206.jpg

And for those of you who remember, I bought a PSA AR-15 a while back, thought I'd show what I've done to it. Vortex Sparc, MBUIS gen 2, Magpul ACS stock, MOE+ pistol grip, MOE handguard, MOE vertical grip, magpul trigger guard. (Yes... I like their products....) :)

20130311_210704.jpg

20130311_210650.jpg

I bought some Winchester 12 ga. 00 buckshot yesterday and my wife noticed this on one of them. I did chamber a few rounds to make sure they fed through the new shotgun without a problem, which they did, so I'm not sure if this could have been caused from the shotgun (if that's even possible) or if it came in the box like this, but all the other ones look perfect. I'm new to shotguns, I'm not sure what to ask other than... what's up with this?

20130311_210309.jpg

Edit: sorry for the quality, I took them with my phone because I don't have my camera charger around.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Is it the light, or is that barrel brown?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Did he put the bead back on it for ya? And blue the cut off end?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Got the Maverick back from the gunsmith (had the 28" barrel cut down to a 19")

20130311_210048.jpg

20130311_210206.jpg

And for those of you who remember, I bought a PSA AR-15 a while back, thought I'd show what I've done to it. Vortex Sparc, MBUIS gen 2, Magpul ACS stock, MOE+ pistol grip, MOE handguard, MOE vertical grip, magpul trigger guard. (Yes... I like their products....) :)

20130311_210704.jpg

20130311_210650.jpg

I bought some Winchester 12 ga. 00 buckshot yesterday and my wife noticed this on one of them. I did chamber a few rounds to make sure they fed through the new shotgun without a problem, which they did, so I'm not sure if this could have been caused from the shotgun (if that's even possible) or if it came in the box like this, but all the other ones look perfect. I'm new to shotguns, I'm not sure what to ask other than... what's up with this?

20130311_210309.jpg

Edit: sorry for the quality, I took them with my phone because I don't have my camera charger around.
    Only way your gonna know for sure is to run shells thru it and see if any more come up looking like that one.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Well Burns, you are a bad man! nice looking items!
    Burns likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Is it the light, or is that barrel brown?
    It's the light I guess haha.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Looks like you left them out in the rain and they rusted.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Looks like you left them out in the rain and they rusted.......
    20130312_235340.jpg

There, I used my flash!

Probably still should have turned that ceiling light off this time tho...

:D

While I would hate to believe quality control missed it, my guess is the shell came that way from the factory. I have bent brass like that during reloading shells when debris was caught in the brass resizer and the lip on the shell looks kinda rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Did he put the bead back on it for ya? And blue the cut off end?
    No the end isn't blued but this shouldn't be an issue as long as I make sure it's always clean and oiled right? Even if it would be over time, a new barrel is only $100.

He did put the bead back on it. I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by macknight22 View Post
    While I would hate to believe quality control missed it, my guess is the shell came that way from the factory. I have bent brass like that during reloading shells when debris was caught in the brass resizer and the lip on the shell looks kinda rounded.
    Yeah I'm assuming it came that way too, I'm going to feed some more shells through it to make sure it couldn't have been from the shotgun. Assuming it isn't, should I bother to contact/email Winchester? And what do I do with the shell? I'm sure it can't be safe or responsible to throw in the trash...

Here are the pics

Cut it open with a pocket knife, dump out the power on a cinder block and light it with a match... You'll have a nice little blur right in the center of your vision for the next few hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Just ran a bunch of shells through it, tried to make it happen to one but couldn't, I'm 100% sure it came like that, really expected more from Winchester, can't even find any email address for them. It's only one, but I don't like any mistakes when it comes to ammo for SD.

Sponsored Links