Magpul moving

This is a discussion on Magpul moving within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This quote is from Magpul and the link is for the letter delivered to Governor Hickenlooper by Magpul's attorney. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqum7rzdzw...%20%282%29.pdf Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Magpul moving

Magpul moving

This quote is from Magpul and the link is for the letter delivered to Governor Hickenlooper by Magpul's attorney.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqum7rzdzw...%20%282%29.pdf

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens

Last edited by jonconsiglio; March 19th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
    357and40, Bark'n, rocky and 9 others like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

Oh yoohoo Magpul over here!!!!!
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Good for them.
    pittypat21 likes this.

The DAMN Damnorats in Colorado. Let's see what happens Wednesday. Then we'll see what happens in 2014 and 2016.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens
    I sure hope so. A bazillion folks here helped us try to avoid this, but Damnorats don't listen.

The greatest power: the People and their wallets, particularly when it heads elsewhere lock, stock and barrel.

Kudos to Magpul to puttin' its money where its mouth is. An example to us all.

Suck it up, Colorado. You wanted it ... you got it. Now, deal with it, or perish as the Colorado you've known and loved.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The state of Clolorado is setting themselves up for failure on many levels.
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    I fear this is just another domino falling. One more state falling down.

Sorry to be so down. Lots of pro 2A people in California, New York, New Jersey, Colorado, etc. but lots of others that just don't give a rat's behind about personal freedom or the natural right of self defense. The intellectual progeny of the 60's and 70's leftists now teaching in many universities. Gubbermint will take care of you because if you take care of yourself you might hurt yourself.

So sad.

Hopefully the employees have an out...
    mprp, Bark'n, palmgopher and 1 others like this.

I'm calling BS. Magpul's business, just like mine, has a simple purpose which is to MAKE MONEY. That's why we are capitalists, we want to run a venture that brings in more money than it pays out. To uproot our business and move to another state would require much less physical assets like office space and the like but would still present a massive burden of outlays. If/when I see proof that Magpul actually is relocating out of Colorado and really producing products elsewhere, I will believe it. Until then, no.

I hope they come to Texas.
    And MJB...I think you'll find they'll make good on their statement.
    They kind of have to now that such a big deal as been made of it.
    palmgopher likes this.
    Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

Romans 13:4
    But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

*crossing fingers* please be Florida PLEASE be Florida

Well, my thoughts are if the gun/ magazine manufacturers who are trapped in anti-gun states wan to move to the south, we'll welcome them with open arms.
    Lnafree likes this.

I will be plopping down some cash for more Magpul stuff now, perhaps even stuff I do not need, to support them and help with the costs of having to escape tyranny and madness.

I feel terrible for the sane residents in Colorado who have to live under the fist of these fools who believe this legislation will do anything but hurt the law abiding citizens.

My company has an alternate HQ in Dallas and if my state goes bonkers on this 2nd Amendment stuff, I am out of here. I wish every citizen of every state that is going over the edge had some way to vote with their feet, but I know it is not so.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I'm calling BS. Magpul's business, just like mine, has a simple purpose which is to MAKE MONEY. That's why we are capitalists, we want to run a venture that brings in more money than it pays out. To uproot our business and move to another state would require much less physical assets like office space and the like but would still present a massive burden of outlays. If/when I see proof that Magpul actually is relocating out of Colorado and really producing products elsewhere, I will believe it. Until then, no.
    A good bet is they do not want to burn the bridge until they are on the other side. Additionally, there is always a chance for the laws to be shot back down in the near future. We shall see.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Well I hope it works out for them. They make good products and I am sure they will do what is best for their business.

I can imagine they are being recruited by several states to come there with tax breaks, great locations and lots of high end lunches. Arkansas just welcomed Walter/Umarex with open arms and I hope we get more.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Sometimes people state their position honestly, stand up for what they believe and do what they think is right; even when it is not easy. I'll take Magpul at their word until I have reason to believe differently.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links