Waiting on Benelli.

This is a discussion on Waiting on Benelli. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey everyone. Just looking to see if anyone else is in my situation. I ordered a new Benelli M2 comfortech 12gauge with a 26 inch ...

Thread: Waiting on Benelli.

Waiting on Benelli.

Hey everyone. Just looking to see if anyone else is in my situation. I ordered a new Benelli M2 comfortech 12gauge with a 26 inch barrel from my LGS. Was told 2 -6 weeks. That was 9 weeks ago. When I contacted my LGS I was told "dealing with Benelli is like dealing with a Ferrari dealership. They don't update us on any orders we get them when we get them." I have no idea what kind of reference that was. I assume he means Benelli is the Ferrari of shotguns, but if I ordered a Ferrari I would expect an answer from them at those prices as well. Anyone else waiting on an order from Benelli? I know the industry is on a delay, but I wouldn't have thought every Tom, Dick & Harry was ordering a benelli.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedinPA View Post
    Was told 2 -6 weeks. That was 9 weeks ago. When I contacted my LGS I was told "dealing with Benelli is like dealing with a Ferrari dealership. They don't update us on any orders we get them when we get them." I have no idea what kind of reference that was.
    Seems like they appreciate Ferrari dealerships aren't the most communicative about the pipeline, as they're not told much by Ferrari about when they'll be receiving orders. Sounds like they're informing you Benelli tends to be that way, tight-lipped about production timelines.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I was going to order a Benelli back in something like 1997 & the gun store owner said "well I can put you on the list."

Sounds like an old problem...which is good at least there not cranking them so fast as to have quailty issues.

Wish I would have got on that list. Best of luck to ya!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    If you are willing to look out of state we have a country general store that probably has 12 or more benellias in stock. Some brand new 4 years old and reflect that it in there prices. Contact them with a item number you want and if any options are avalible and see what they have. This store tends to be a 10% over there cost dealer and not many can match there prices. Might be cheaper than your local store even after shipping??

Home Page Prices Creek Store

There are some nice Benellis at Cheyenne in Hamilton (not far from you if you are in eastern PA). PM me for details/directions if you are interested. Gorgeous shotguns, but a little out of my budget for now.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Out here in Iowa, the major chain stores like Scheels and Sportsman's Warehouse are thick with them in every size, style and color. Just last Saturday I was at Scheel's in Cedar Falls, and there were probably two dozen M2s on their racks. They also had about three dozen Legacies. But it's definitely going to be worth your wait. My M2 walnut field is the best shotgun I've ever owned, and runs rings around my former Beretta 390 and 391.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Links