Single point sling option for Mossberg 500 Persuader?

This is a discussion on Single point sling option for Mossberg 500 Persuader? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, I just purchased one of the newer 500 Persuader models that includes the rear sling swivel stud. I'm looking to attach a single ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By JohnHancock

Thread: Single point sling option for Mossberg 500 Persuader?

Hey guys,
    I just purchased one of the newer 500 Persuader models that includes the rear sling swivel stud. I'm looking to attach a single point sling to this stud, but it seems that all of the single point slings I've found online have different clips that aren't compatible with these traditional swivel studs? Any suggestions on brands or configurations that might help?

The stud on the bottom aft end of the stock? That's for a conventional sling swivel. Most single points will need to be mounted to a look or HK/MASH hook loop. You'll usually need to install a receiver mount for this. Any particular reason you down want to use a good quick adjust two point? (BFG Vickers, VTAC, etc)

Don't use that rear stud for a single point sling!
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I found this one... After reading the above post, I'm worried that I made a bad choice? I'm only using it for HD situations, not heavy field use. I would have opted for a 2-point sling, but it's a Mossy 500 20" 8-shot and the fore end mount is flush with the end of the barrel. LMK what you guys think?

Page Title

I do not understand a sling on a shot gun for HD. Maybe if you were carrying it hunting.
    Not taking issue with anyone that wants one . Just I do not understand why

Not that I plan on giving the BG a chance, but I don't want a situation where an intruder might get their hands on the gun. I guess the sling would be precautionary. Also, it would free up my hands if needed.

My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Yeah, I've looked at those options, but I figured why spend another $30+ in addition to the cost of the sling if there's already a swivel stud there? Just trying to make the best use of what I already have I guess? If the one I purchased isn't as sturdy as I think it should be, then the GG&G adaptor will be the option I go with. Thanks for the suggestion!

Don't forget to get a cup too. ;)

JH, I may have misinterpreted what you have. If your Persuader is set up with just a pistol grip, then the single-point sling idea (e.g., Sling Dynamics) has some merit. My initial response was based on my mental image of a single-point sling attached at the butt of a full-stocked shotgun... that would be unwieldy and likely unsafe as a result.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Good to know! I was a little concerned that maybe I'd made a bad decision. The standard swivel stud that Mossbergs feature on their pistol grips aren't just screws, but actually bolted in. The swivels featured on the Sling Dynamics design seem fairly stable and fits flush to the grip. I'll post my findings after I have the sling in hand!

UPDATE!

Hey Guys,
    I got my Sling Dynamics "Viper" single-point sling for my Mossy yesterday and I'm incredibly happy with it! Top quality product manufactured right here in the USA!!! (I hate to sound like a commercial, but I always like to encourage business for quality US manufacturers!) The sling is built well with HEAVY DUTY nylon that is much thicker and sturdier than most of the slings I've seen on the market. That said, it is still very flexible and not stiff like some off the shelf products. Even better, SD offers discounts to military and LEOs! I'm taking it out this afternoon for a little field test! Here's a link to their home page if anyone is in the market for a great sling at an awesome price! In the case of the Viper, $24 shipped and NO extra mounting hardware necessary! Mission accomplished!

Sling Dynamics Home Slings accessories police tactical sling rifles
    jbum likes this.

Sponsored Links